Highly In need for advice, What should I do?

Best summary I can do with limited characters

I started college 5 weeks ago and met this girl whom I gained feelings for, long story short I told her I liked her, and she told me she Liked me but was dealing with her break up from her Ex, inwhich I told her I understood... Then we started cuddling and doing everything together... I found out she had still gotten back together with her Ex because she “has known him since they were 6” and she would still like to be my bestfriend, but said they’re might be a future for us if I get to know her better...

She also doesn’t like some of the dumb stuff I do and it makes her anxious... I told her I could grow up and adapt for her...

Problems:
1. Why date a guy who is 4 hours away in which you literally know you dont have a future with...

2. Why say you like me if your actions prove otherwise

3. Why give me hope for the future by being your friend... then telling me maybe in the future...

Question

Should I stick around and be her friend and see what happens, or Leave and get over it (if so how do I get over it)?

I honestly liked this girl, I thought she was the one and I was so happy with her prior we did everything together... she was perfect

12