Is there a difference between dating and being in a relationship?

Is dating someone and being in a relationship with them a separate thing? If so, why is it?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think that there is a set, universal definition for these, and when getting involved with someone it's important to clarify exactly how the other person views "dating" and "relationships"

For me, I always saw dating as more of the early stages of getting to know one, or multiple people. You're not tied down to one person yet, and it's fair game to see who you are most compatible with. I do feel that if you are going out on many dates (if I had to pick a number, 3 or more) with the same person, you should really cut off any other loose ends, and give this person all of your focus so you can transition into having a relationship with them.

Once you decide to be in a relationship, then you've made your decision and no more casual dates. At this time I would probably be comfortable making this person known to my friends, and I wouldn't avoid including them in my social media. I would probably hold off on family until it go super serious, but that's just me, some people might want to introduce to family sooner.

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean they are basically the same thing but a date is less serious than a relationship. dating more light hearted relationship more commited, that's the best I can explain them

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• cash flow, phone calls, living condtions

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes