I started seeing a guy that does drugs and I don't know how I feel about it?

I've been on a few dates with this guy (21) and I really like him so far! I knew he likes to party but on our last date he told me a bombshell about himself that he vapes, smokes weed, he has done mushrooms, and ecstacy once.

What are your opinions on dating someone that recreationally does drugs?
  • Deal breaker.
  • No big deal it's common at that age.

210

Most Helpful Guys

• If he likes to party I don't think that's a good traits to have. I'm surprised you didn't see the signs sooner. However he told you now so that's good.

in my opinion it's a no brainer this guy probably has no future so I say dump him now.

Unless you want to become a druggie too then by all means stay with the guy.

• He seems to be an academic in school so that's why I didn't see it coming.

• Alright well let me tell you about a friend of mine in high school. He was super smart and president of a community service club.

Then after around two years in college he went on hiatus to pursue a career in poker. That's right a career in poker...

I knew he liked poker ever since I met him in high school cause we played often and he posts pictures on FB.

I thought he was going to be doing something in business cause he was smart and had leadership skills. So when I heard he was going to be joining poker tournaments and stop going to college for a while that definitely took me by surprise.

To this day I'm not even sure if he ever finished college.

Now I'm not saying your guy will be that extreme, but drugs are addictive so who knows. Personally I would never date a druggie.

• It depends, are they a productive adult in life? Work without issues, pay bills without issues, obligations taken care of, etc.

• He graduated uni last year and now he's doing a post graduate degree.

• If he's succeeding at the degree that's what matters

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as he's not tripping hard everyday or doing the hard stuff, I wouldn't care. I also can't stand guys who smoke weed all day long, they're the worst 😑but otherwise it's fine.