I started seeing a guy that does drugs and I don't know how I feel about it?

I've been on a few dates with this guy (21) and I really like him so far! I knew he likes to party but on our last date he told me a bombshell about himself that he vapes, smokes weed, he has done mushrooms, and ecstacy once.

What are your opinions on dating someone that recreationally does drugs?
  • Deal breaker.
    Vote A
  • No big deal it's common at that age.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If he likes to party I don't think that's a good traits to have. I'm surprised you didn't see the signs sooner. However he told you now so that's good.

in my opinion it's a no brainer this guy probably has no future so I say dump him now.

Unless you want to become a druggie too then by all means stay with the guy.

0|0
    0|1
    • He seems to be an academic in school so that's why I didn't see it coming.

• Alright well let me tell you about a friend of mine in high school. He was super smart and president of a community service club.

Then after around two years in college he went on hiatus to pursue a career in poker. That's right a career in poker...

I knew he liked poker ever since I met him in high school cause we played often and he posts pictures on FB.

I thought he was going to be doing something in business cause he was smart and had leadership skills. So when I heard he was going to be joining poker tournaments and stop going to college for a while that definitely took me by surprise.

To this day I'm not even sure if he ever finished college.

Now I'm not saying your guy will be that extreme, but drugs are addictive so who knows. Personally I would never date a druggie.

• It depends, are they a productive adult in life? Work without issues, pay bills without issues, obligations taken care of, etc.

1|1
    0|0
    • He graduated uni last year and now he's doing a post graduate degree.

• If he's succeeding at the degree that's what matters

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as he's not tripping hard everyday or doing the hard stuff, I wouldn't care. I also can't stand guys who smoke weed all day long, they're the worst 😑but otherwise it's fine.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• If you had been together for years then he started then i would say try and get him some help. but at this point your just getting to know him and he needs help yes but are you the one he needs?

0|0
    0|0
  • This seems perfectly fine it is not anything like cocain so i say you should stick with it.
    Plus vaping, weed and mushrooms are all kinda healthy in a way and are legal in some countyrs cause they really aren't that bad.
    The ecstacy on the other hand is worrying but he only did it once and that's good.

Tbh me personaly i would date someone not matter what drugs so i just told you a logical way of looking at instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a real recent story to tell about someone I've known in real life with this kind of experience if you want to pm for it. I don't want to post it publicly.

0|0
    0|0
  • You or even his own children will never be the most important thing to him. His next fix is most important and there’s nothing you can do about it

0|0
    0|0
  • he's a shiftless moron. be careful, it's contagious...

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him either to quit with the drugs or say bye bye.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry this is a dealbreaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not that troubling really.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• As long as he's not addicted it's ok I guess but it depends on how you feel about drugs

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes