Would You Be Put Off Dating Someone If They Had Been Engaged Before?

Would it bother you to know the person you were with or were interested in had been engaged to someone else before, but had split up without getting married?Would You Be Put Off Dating Someone If They Had Been Engaged Before?
  • Yes, that would be a deal-breaker
  • It might bother me, but it wouldn't stop be getting with them
  • No, that wouldn't bother me
    Vote C
  • It would depend on the circumstances (Explain)
    Vote D

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it really any worse or different than somebody who is divorced, or even just been in a serious relationship beforebefore?

• Well, if you ask me... I think it's less bad than someone being divorced but worse than them being in a serious relationship.
      Being married is a really serious thing, more so than just being engaged. I Don't think I could ever be with a divorcee unless they were really special.
      I Wouldn't like the idea of my S/O having had been in a serious relationship before, but it's hard to avoid plus thy may have learnt valuable lessons from that relationship. You can be in a serious relationship without wanting to marry the person, so if they proposed to me but not them I'd consider myself more significant to them

• I see it as all about the same, you make a commitment to one another at any stage, but for some reason are not capable of sticking to it. It doesn't mean either person is a bad person for it, usually, it's just that things happen as you grow older.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has a past! I’ve been engaged once. I planned to marry him at the time but things don’t always work out the way you want them too