Whose job is it to tell someone to back off because you're taken?

Say two people are dating. One of them is getting a lot of attention from someone from the opposite sex. The person getting the attention doesn't mind, but his/her partner does. The attention is coming from a mutual friend of the couple. Who should confront him/her and tell him/her to tone it down?
  • Whoever has a problem with it - handle your problem
    Vote A
  • The person getting the excessive attention - it's your friendship that's affected
    Vote B
  • Always the guy's job
    Vote C
  • Always the girl's job
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You should if your partner doesn't take the initiative herself.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• by rights, the person getting the attention should instant put a stop to it if they serious bout partner with, if they won't after a few times then partner has right to say something

1|1
    0|0
  • The person getting the attention needs to throw the cold water on the attention giver's intentions.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 8

• I think whoever is getting the attention has best chance of doing it in a friendly way - If the partner does it, you can see it descending very quickly into a mess

0|0
    0|0
  • l have had that on this site girls wanting me l tell them sorry l am taken they get unhappy about it then one girl l was talking with for 5 month then blocked me so l now have no one thats the way a loyal guy gets treated

0|0
    0|0
  • Both should. Whoever initiated first. But don't worry about waiting for your partner to initiate, just take initiative yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the person is alone, themselves. If they are together, both of them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Her job initially, If the person doesn't back off then you gotta step in.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it is flirtatious then the person getting the attention

0|0
    0|0
  • Both can do it

1|0
    0|0
  • The person receiving the attention. They are the focus so they need to speak first.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes