Why do I overthink my relationship so much?

I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months now. At first I was calm, cool and collected. But, now i find myself overthinking a lot

911

Most Helpful Guys

• Honestly the direct answer is because you are female. Your brains are hardwired to overthink things and come to the most extreme negative conclusions. Just learn to relax and if you have to vent to a close friend to get the negative stories out of your head. I am sure your boyfriend is not overthinking and is having a good time being with you.

• Lmao. We are not hardwired to think of the negatives. We are just hardwired to overthink! But yeah, he overthinks sometimes. But, for the most part, he seems happy.

• Yep, didn't say you were hardwired to just think of negatives. Thankfully when you overthink you come up with wonderful and beautiful suggestions and ideas as well. I enjoy women who can introduce those new and special ways of looking at challenges and often will go in that direction. Thankfully men and women work well together because you can overthink an issue and once our mind is made up we can focus and take action to deliver. God is a smart cookie :)

• Sometimes there isn't always an explanation for everything, personally I overthink every single thing possible and I know part of the reason is my own mental health but even outside of all of that I still overthink things that aren't affected by my mental issues

Most Helpful Girl

• Could it be that you're more into the relationship than before? love makes us feel vulnerable... that feeling is stronger when you're an insecure person.

• I think that’s what it is ;/