Why do I overthink my relationship so much?

I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months now. At first I was calm, cool and collected. But, now i find myself overthinking a lot

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Honestly the direct answer is because you are female. Your brains are hardwired to overthink things and come to the most extreme negative conclusions. Just learn to relax and if you have to vent to a close friend to get the negative stories out of your head. I am sure your boyfriend is not overthinking and is having a good time being with you.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lmao. We are not hardwired to think of the negatives. We are just hardwired to overthink! But yeah, he overthinks sometimes. But, for the most part, he seems happy.

• Yep, didn't say you were hardwired to just think of negatives. Thankfully when you overthink you come up with wonderful and beautiful suggestions and ideas as well. I enjoy women who can introduce those new and special ways of looking at challenges and often will go in that direction. Thankfully men and women work well together because you can overthink an issue and once our mind is made up we can focus and take action to deliver. God is a smart cookie :)

• Sometimes there isn't always an explanation for everything, personally I overthink every single thing possible and I know part of the reason is my own mental health but even outside of all of that I still overthink things that aren't affected by my mental issues

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Could it be that you're more into the relationship than before? love makes us feel vulnerable... that feeling is stronger when you're an insecure person.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think that’s what it is ;/

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Could be insecurity, desperation, etc. It happens now and then but you should just take the relationship as it is while at the same time occasionally trusting your spidey senses

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're referring to jealousy, it is a slippery slope. Without more contexts it's hard to give a good opinion though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women develop insecurities over the period of time.. Like beauty, age, safety, money, that he'll leave & etc..
    We should no hold back ourself, anyone else or anything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple insecurity, you dont value your place in the relationship and what you mean to him.

1|1
    0|0
  • Cause you're a girl. Women tend to overcomplicate things.

0|1
    1|0
  • You are female. That is why.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you're a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try and relax

0|0
    0|0
  • It may be related to your level of growth as a person, and self improvement.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I would say you have intuition and sometimes if you’re overthinking everything there’s a reason

1|0
    0|0
  • It's anxiety and low self esteem. I hope you overcome it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You didn't have good parents, they made you this way.

0|0
    0|0
  • We need more details lol I think it could be for 2 reason your unhappy or insecure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same here sista

1|0
    0|1
  • I think this stems from the fear of loss

0|0
    0|0
    • I think so too. The more attached I become to him, the more insecure I am.

• Make sure you don't lose your identity over a relationship. Keep up your activities, interests etc

• Are you an insecure person?

0|0
    0|0
  • You're getting more attached to him. Just don't think about the future too much. Telling you to relax is easier said than done. You can get another job like I did... and you'll be really distracted by it. Get into more hobbies. When you spend time together, have deeper talks. Love yourself first.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes