Why do guys think they're entitled to sex on a first date?

I met this guy at a theater showing last weekend, where we'd had a great conversation about our favorite writers and the show we'd just seen. He asked for my number, and texted me the next day to ask me out for an after-work dinner and drinks at 7pm yesterday. We met up, still in work attire, and again, had a great conversation - we talked for over three hours before I had to leave, but before I left he said "Hey, do you wanna come back to my place?" I had SUCH high hopes for this guy - we seemed to have so much in common, and then... he asks me to go back to his place for sex. Ugh. Needless to say, never texting him again. Why do so many guys feel entitled to sex on the first date like this?

013

Most Helpful Guys

• Uh... So he asked if you wanted to come back to his place and you thought that meant he felt entitled to sex? Maybe he just says what he wants and is an honest and open guy? Maybe he just liked spending time with you and wanted to get to now you better? Maybe he felt there was real chemistry and he wanted to know if you felt it too?

Seriously, you're reacting like he demanded that you fuck him immediately or treated you like you owed him your body.

People who ask for what they want aren't treating you like they're entitled to get it. They're asking for what they want.

If you were rude to him about this, you should apologize, but I hope you don't text or call him back. You're clearly not compatible for each other.

• Some guys do- I'd blame our culture and media for portraying masculinity as a guy who has girls falling all over them- so some guys feel that is how reality works unfortunately. I almost always end a date that went well with a hug and letting them know on the spot I would like to see them again, and then we part ways (I might walk her to her car or bus stop if appropriate) MAYBE I will go for a kiss if was an incredible date and it's clear she is into it. Either way, no sex on the first date for me.