Why do guys think they're entitled to sex on a first date?

I met this guy at a theater showing last weekend, where we'd had a great conversation about our favorite writers and the show we'd just seen. He asked for my number, and texted me the next day to ask me out for an after-work dinner and drinks at 7pm yesterday. We met up, still in work attire, and again, had a great conversation - we talked for over three hours before I had to leave, but before I left he said "Hey, do you wanna come back to my place?" I had SUCH high hopes for this guy - we seemed to have so much in common, and then... he asks me to go back to his place for sex. Ugh. Needless to say, never texting him again. Why do so many guys feel entitled to sex on the first date like this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Uh... So he asked if you wanted to come back to his place and you thought that meant he felt entitled to sex? Maybe he just says what he wants and is an honest and open guy? Maybe he just liked spending time with you and wanted to get to now you better? Maybe he felt there was real chemistry and he wanted to know if you felt it too?

Seriously, you're reacting like he demanded that you fuck him immediately or treated you like you owed him your body.

People who ask for what they want aren't treating you like they're entitled to get it. They're asking for what they want.

If you were rude to him about this, you should apologize, but I hope you don't text or call him back. You're clearly not compatible for each other.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some guys do- I'd blame our culture and media for portraying masculinity as a guy who has girls falling all over them- so some guys feel that is how reality works unfortunately. I almost always end a date that went well with a hug and letting them know on the spot I would like to see them again, and then we part ways (I might walk her to her car or bus stop if appropriate) MAYBE I will go for a kiss if was an incredible date and it's clear she is into it. Either way, no sex on the first date for me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Well, maybe he misread you and the chemistry between you. I don't think he was only interested in that- maybe he just got a bit excited.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why take it so personal or as a insult. He asked, you said no and he still likes you. Maybe you no meant something to him. Not long there was a gal who wanted to know what was wrong with her because the guy didn't try on the first date. If he accepted your answer then he does respect you and your choices. I don't expect sex on the first date but then I never assume sex at all. For me it's a happens kind of thing for how things are going. Of course I do try to make the perfect surroundings.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Hey, do you wanna come back to my place?"
    Where is the question about having sex with you?
    All I see is he was enjoying the conversation, enjoying your company and wanted it to continue. No where do I see anything about sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are not entitled to anything. We just open the door to a possibility to sex and you are more then welcome to accept it or decline it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why do women think they're entitled to our money on a first date?

0|1
    1|0
  • ... We don't think we're "entitled to it." We *want* it. That isn't the same thing, at all. Wanting something doesn't mean you think you're entitled to it. I want a million dollars in the lottery-- but it ain't going to happen because I'm not entitled to it, and I know that.
    So let me see if I'm understanding you: Did he say anything else? Did he say anything lewd? Did he invade your personal space and start feeling up on you without your permission?

... Or did he just ask a simple question? A question that's an incredibly normal one for a person to ask the other person on a date (regardless of whether it's the first one or not) if they think things are going well and they're very attracted to the other person? Because based solely on what you've written, it seems like the latter, unless you're leaving something out.

0|2
    0|0
  • Did he explicitly ask for sex? You only mention him asking you to come back to his place. It also doesn’t necessarily show entitlement.

0|0
    0|0
  • l never think like that l respect the girl and will wait till the girl is ready

0|0
    0|0
  • How was that entitlement to sex?

0|3
    1|0
  • Guys are assholes. Simple as

1|0
    0|2
  • Because women keep giving fuck me signals.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes