Dating over 40... what am I to do?

Since I'm 41 and single again after my recent break up... I have been out of the loop many years...
Any advise for trying to start dating again when your over 40? I'm fucking clueless...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There are plenty of single mothers out there who are likely in the same boat as you. I guess you just have to go out on dates and play it by ear. I’d say to have fun. Make your dates really fun.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's a whole different ballgame with a whole different set of rules than it is in your "Roaring Twenties".

Most Helpful Guy

• You have escaped the hell!!! RUN!! Don't jump back into the nightmare of the dating world!!!
    That's a joke, please don't take it seriously.
    But really, I'd recommend the book "The Way of the Superior Man".

0|0
    0|0
    • A MGTOW joke... funny

• It was just a joke, I don't feel that way.
      But I'm serious about the book. It helps guide men who want to find their way navigating the balance of dating / relationships, work, self, confidence, women, all of it. It's truly a really good book, and it's pretty cheap on Amazon.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• It's all about finding the right person, don't worry much about age

0|0
    0|0
  • Never gets old. My ex friend he's 42 year old. He dated 18 year old!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• i just started again too few weeks ago, not know many single in my area so just try when ever find when out & trying net but it crap
    if you going uses date apps , expect 80% players girls/guys, scammers, call girls/guys,
    just watch yourself,

0|0
    0|0
  • So am I lol, but I always have been. I hate dating. And now that we are in our 40's, I think it's even harder to find someone? I focus on myself. I don't mind being single and I certainly don't need anyone. It has it's benefits also (only have to think and worry about yourself). I've given up pretty much on meeting anyone. And I don't recommend ANY dating sites or apps, complete waste of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your looking for a hookup the bars are Still hard to beat can and Tinder is good too. Looking for a relationship, I think POF has women that are decent if you look that are ready available to date. You can also farm Facebook and Instagram for girls you may already know.

0|0
    0|0
    • The problem with that theory is my location... a tiny spec in the middle of nothing for at least 140 miles in any direction, and I don't have a vehicle.

• Well shit you really gotta throw monkey wrench into things huh?

• Well, fact is fact. When you live in the boonies, it's
      slim pickings.

• As far as I can see, the basic idea has not changed. Only the ''tools'' involved. Making the initial contact tends to me more ''online'' or electronic - is my impression. But I think that all traditional methods still are valid.

0|0
    0|0
  • What about tinder or okcupid. I think it's worth a shot, lots of young people and seniors use those apps.

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe... but I am neither a young person, nor a senior citizen... I'm middle aged man...

• Tried them both you will find people of all ages.

• I looked at tinder... only 4 women on there... non of them attractive to me...

• Crawl in a fetal balls and cry. Lol at least that's probably where I would end up. Good Luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can attract younger women easily , so dating isn't problem for older men.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes