Is it okay to ask my 'casual bf' if he is seeing anyone else?

The thing is complicated, we agreed to be exclusive but also understand it's short term, just that we haven't talked about when to end it (just assume when one of us graduates)

Now there is a decreasing in communication , he doesn't tell things about himself to me any more , he gives short responses when I m trying to talk with him, and I try to talk with him once per days. I feel he is talking to someone else under our 'contract' of being exclusive ; so I plan to ask him if he is seeing anyone , also I want to tell him 'I want to know asap if you like someone else, and we can cope with it accordingly'. Does it sound like a threatening? Is there a better way to convey this idea?
We go out to do stuff once/twice per week , have sex once/twice per week. He used to text a lot but not any more.

To me 'casual bf' means I want to see if it's worth it to do a long distance with him.
To him it might mean to enjoy the benefits of having a girlfriend till someone else comes along

All I want is to be informed when that happens , not being strung along.
I asked him if he is seeing someone else , he said he can't like multiple girls at a time.

I then proceeded to ask this communication issue, he said he is a quiet person and dont like to text unless being asked questions

I choose to trust him on this , and also explained I like it more if he tells me a little more about his life , just need to see if gets better

913

Most Helpful Guys

• If you will not stay together long term, why agree to be exclusive for a limited time? That just seems to be a formula for having problems.

• Spot on. Exclusivity is for anything that's 24 months or longer, but looking into the longer part rather than just to kill time while someone else comes along

• While you're with Mr. Rightnow the real Mr. Right will walk by and carry on

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry in advance because this may sting a bit. The "contract" is over. He focused more on the casual part while you focused on the exclusive part. A common problem among people in friends with benefits relationships. You are on the way out and he has found someone new or just lost interest in you. You can try to ask him about it but I doubt you'll get any satisfactory answer.