We are in a LDR for 9 months and my boyfriend is disrespectful about all religions. He is an atheist and I believe in god. What should I do?

I respect his choice but I want him to respect mine.
But sometimes he made fun about religions saying that it's totally stupid. I don't know what to do anymore
Thank you guys for all your comments. I believe in god but it doesn't mean that i totally practice the religion. I'm really open minded and I totally respect his choice.
But each time he's drunk, he talks about that, saying that is ridiculous to believe in god, that i will not go to heaven or hell because it doesn't exist at all

110

Most Helpful Guys

• Tell him to stop being a prick and respect other peoples choices. :P

I do agree with most of his viewpoints most likely but that doesn't make it ok to tell your partner indirectly you think she's an idiot. Its entirely possible to have an adult conversation and find your guys' common ground rather than just shit all over everything like it sounds like he is.

• Does every choice and point of view demand respect irregardless? What about isis, do you respect them? Respect is earned.

• That is a fair point mostly, but for example if a girl liked a boy band and the guy mocked it and said they were shit would you say he has some duty to respect her and the crappy boy band? Or do they just have different points of view and she should just accept he won't ever respect that boyband because they are ear cancer? Why does religion somehow get this special position of dema ding respect without earning it and anyone who doesn't like it is immediately seen as the bad guy?

• @Trolloween No, I think if two strangers are mocking each other thats fair game though not terribly constructive for the most part.

I'm moreso speaking of respecting your partner and their beliefs. When it comes to random strangers then its a very different sort of respect, more that you kind of have to respect that they have the right to make choices but you do not have to agree with those choices.

• The question is the hardest but easiest most simply question today..
    and here is my take. Take him off to the side where you two can be alone and not be bug by anyone turn off the phones don't worry about fb posts or any social media updates. And ask him do you want to be with me? answer of course. Then you need to respect my faith. I'm not asking you to embrace it or change your views im asking you to respect me and my way of living. IF you can't I can't be with you cause of all the pressure and pains you bring.

Most Helpful Girl