Why am I so scared of people?

I have the worst social anxiety ever. I grew up very sheltered and protective. I went to a psychologist but i pretended i was all that... like no anxiety. But im scared anyways.. especially of conflict... i grew up with strict morals and everyone is just a shock to me ever since i moved out.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Likely conflict was a frightening and terrifying experience for you early in life for one reason or another and you've got to root that out and deal with that fear to get rid of it or at least make it manageable.

I have issues with conflict too, I get amped up when people start fighting and I generally have to leave and go be alone for a while after.

0|0
    0|0
    • growing up my mom and sister used to fight a lot... a lot... and my brother used to fight with my mom too

• Could be a part of it, if they were older than you that may have been pretty scary as a little kid and made things feel dangerous/unsafe. I also imagine they would both be on edge after fighting so you had to be cautious not to upset them (or at least felt that way).

I'd say social anxiety seems like a pretty natural adaptation to that situation. The key now is to slowly adjust your world view to accept that most people aren't like that. Most people aren't walking around looking for a fight and 99% of people won't even talk to you let alone try to argue with you when you are out and about.

• Cause people are unpredictable, it's not something you can prepare for. You didn't help by pretending things are fine, take it slow, good luck.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes