What should I tell him - cancel a date?

Well i met a guy on okcupid, we spoke for hours and a very nice convo (he used to study in my college and have pretty much in common), we said we would meet on Sunday. However i'm not sure whether i'm in the right mood to meet new people, i dated someone a couple of months ago and still hurt. Plus i feel like i can't really trust guys anymore.
When is it not to late and how can i cancel it nicely without telling him the real reason?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• 24 hours notice at the latest but really you should let him know ASAP. As far as what to say, be honest : "Sorry, but I will not be able to meet on Sunday. I thought I was ready to start dating again, but I still need some time away. Didn't want to ghost you and wish you success in finding someone special".

1|0
    0|0
    • Also be sure to block his contact. You don't want to be tempted to reach out to him in two weeks if you are feeling lonely and/or horny because it will appear you are playing games. Just focus on doing other things right now and try dating again in a few months.

• I think i might want to see him when i'm ready. I'm just not sure it's the right time. And i rather not tell him the real reason :/
      Thank you anyway for your comment.

• You are welcome. I try to be honest and would suggest you do the same, especially if you want to see him at some point in the future. Hiding your real reason is a form of deception.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes