Is it better to ask out people you know or complete strangers?

Is it better to pursue people you have been around a fair amount (classmates, coworkers, clubmembers etc.) or is it better to pursue complete strangers (like a person you never met, but walk past one day or someone you see in Wal Mart)?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• That's really bad if you do that without even knowing who they are first. I think this works in certain countries where it's openly accepted: you have a good convo first then you have the balls to ask and can pull it off without acting like a psycho desperado. I think this is a rare situation that can happen if the guy is good at communicating , confident, attractive and maybe richhhhh. 🦉

0|0
    0|0
    • I know what you mean. It seems awkward to me. But what if the guy has met the girl and kind of knows her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't ask out a total stranger- just get her number. Then you can ask her out at a later date. The others you can just straight up ask out.

0|1
    0|0
    • Sorry, I am also wondering what you think of getting numbers from strangers. It doesn't go well in my experience, and I'm wondering if I might be trying to succeed in a scenario where girls general do not feel comfortable. I don't know how many of my female friends say they don't give guys their number anymore because of bad experiences.

• Well, I haven't tried to do it in a long time, and I wasn't in the US when I most recently did it (Europe), so my experiences are not directly relevant, but I had a lot of success with it when I was in my 20s, meeting girls while traveling, at festivals, clubs, beaches and lots of other places, and, yeah, it's definitely easier when they are relaxed and are not so guarded.

• Makes sense.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Don't ask nobody out. You're better off single

0|0
    0|0
    • Care to elaborate? I mean, I agree with you to an extent lol being single is fun. But there are certain things that are really hard to get when single

• People you know

0|0
    0|0
    • What is better about that? Is it because girls are generally more comfortable with that?

What Guys Said 3

• Everyone is a stranger to me. I don't belong to any social group. I have met women while working, in grocery stores (like Walmart), walking the dog and even at the local gas station. I also find meeting strangers far more exciting than going out with someone I already know.

0|1
    0|0
    • How often do you actually get a number and a date that way? I have only tried a few times, but it has never gone well.

• Show All
    • I go to the same places every week so after a while you start seeing the same faces. It takes a few conversations to break the ice but I have met a few single women that way but yeah, most are taken.

• Does that include places like gyms?

• I guess some one you know is better

0|0
    0|0
  • complete strangers

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes