Is it better to ask out people you know or complete strangers?

Is it better to pursue people you have been around a fair amount (classmates, coworkers, clubmembers etc.) or is it better to pursue complete strangers (like a person you never met, but walk past one day or someone you see in Wal Mart)?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• That's really bad if you do that without even knowing who they are first. I think this works in certain countries where it's openly accepted: you have a good convo first then you have the balls to ask and can pull it off without acting like a psycho desperado. I think this is a rare situation that can happen if the guy is good at communicating , confident, attractive and maybe richhhhh. 🦉

• I know what you mean. It seems awkward to me. But what if the guy has met the girl and kind of knows her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't ask out a total stranger- just get her number. Then you can ask her out at a later date. The others you can just straight up ask out.

• Sorry, I am also wondering what you think of getting numbers from strangers. It doesn't go well in my experience, and I'm wondering if I might be trying to succeed in a scenario where girls general do not feel comfortable. I don't know how many of my female friends say they don't give guys their number anymore because of bad experiences.

• Well, I haven't tried to do it in a long time, and I wasn't in the US when I most recently did it (Europe), so my experiences are not directly relevant, but I had a lot of success with it when I was in my 20s, meeting girls while traveling, at festivals, clubs, beaches and lots of other places, and, yeah, it's definitely easier when they are relaxed and are not so guarded.

• Makes sense.