My boyfriend hates when I go out with my friends what should I do?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes this is how they start controlling you
    my advice is have a serious talk with him
    he needs to either give you space with your
    friends or i would go and leave him make a
    new life without him.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how often you go out with your friends. You certainly need time to hang with friends now and then. Maybe you could invite him along or double date with one of your friends and her boyfriend.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Tell him to suck it up. Honestly trying to isolate you from your friends is a terrible sign, I'd consider that a red flag for potential issues down the road with possessiveness and being controlling.

3|0
    0|0
  • With male only friends?
    I would be annoying for me too, why can't he come with you?
    With your female friends?
    Dont see the problem here

0|0
    0|0
    • With my female friends... His response is that i don't love him when I don't what to spend all of my free time with him

• Ok thats pathetic. Thats all i can really say to that lmao

• Either get an new boyfriend or see your friends less

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a new boyfriend or be single.

0|0
    0|0
  • Invite him I guarantee you

0|0
    0|0
  • go out with his friend when he's not around?

0|0
    0|0
    • He is always around and his response is that i don't love him when I don't what to spend all of my free time with him

• I mean, if you like that sort of clinginess, by all means keep at it. Otherwise, obviously, you need to let him go. I'd do it in public, though, and maybe with a can of mace in your hand. He sounds a little psycho.

• Girl friends, or "boy" friends?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Red flag, big red flag. Speak with him, let him know that you need time with your friends too, you don't want to lose their friendship. If he still gets mad or says anything along the lines of you don't need friends you have me. Leave because his controlling behaviour will only get worse.

0|1
    0|0
  • talk to him about it
    ask him why he dislikes it
    come up with a solution

1|0
    0|0
  • Why though? That sounds like a dealbreaker to me honestly.

0|1
    0|0
    • His response is that i don't love him when I don't what to spend all of my free time with him

• Show All
    • You are right... I will give it one last try but if he will get mad next time i go out I am done

• definitely talk to him about it. ask him why, and if his responses come from a place of jealousy and lack of actual reason, consider leaving him. it's controlling behaviour and could get worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would understand if he is uncomfortable and prefers you to not hang out with guy friends that much but if it's with female friends, he should stop controlling you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Have you tried talking to him? And have you tried inviting him? I know we all need are space to be may just be insecure or possessive

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes