When somebody sounds nice in an e-mail - how can you be sure its correct and they aren't putting a front?

So I dated a guy for several months and we broke up.

And then I e-mailed him a couple times and sent him a few texts and then he said he would be happy to have me in his life again but there were some changes that he wanted in how I dealt with him

For example - he wanted me to make a bigger effort to get to know him and he wanted me to be less focused on his looks

I said some really angry things during those days where he was ignoring me and he shrugged it off and said he wasn't angry or annoyed but i wonder if he is just hiding his anger cause he knows I won't want him back if he is angry at me.

721

Most Helpful Guys

• If you like him... will it hurt if you give it a chance? May be don't ponder what he wrote in an email. See him, speak to him face to face. Old fashioned communication is still the best way to know someone.

• Tbh, I have a hard time trusting anyone. I go by actions. Was he fake in the past? Honestly, from what you've written, I can see where he's coming from. If he wants you to try to understand him without getting pissed all the time, he's more than likely willing to do the same. I've been down that one way street before, so I can relate. Don't be so defensive if he's just trying to tell you how he feels and what he wants. He's already shown he doesn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't.

You have to know a person in real life, and see how they are in different real life settings and situations before you see their true character

Certain situations and circumstances provoke different emotions in a person. But it's not always possible to notice that just by chatting online. In person, you can tell by a persons facial expressions and mannerisms how they're feelings. They don't necessarily need to say anything to determine if they're angry or not. You can't see that just be chatting online

No one is nice all the time. We all have a good and bad side to our personality. And most people only show their good side online.. to people they're showing a romantic interest in.

But only time and different real life situations/
    circumstances and environments reveal who a person is

It takes time to know a person in real life, but it's almost impossible to know who a person is online , because it's rare people meet up in person. Or when they do, they're disappointed because they aren't the person they imagined them to be.

When people chat online, they build an image of what that person is like. But it's just an illusion they created themselves , built on the persons online persona It's not necessarily a fake persona. It's just that you can't really know what they're like just by online communication