Older guys, Would you wait for a girl until she turned 18?

I’m 17 (b-day is 4 months away) and he’s 25. I met him at a research internship and I worked with him for a couple of months by handling data and writing some computer programs. We both seem to hit it off, as we have so much in common (other than pop culture stuff like tv, video games and books, etc) our personalities are very alike and we always joke around.

I really, really like him. Mostly because I find his nerdy/awkward personality so adorable and I can be myself around him. Point is, he seems to like me and shows some signs, but I’m not sure if I should go for it and maybe ask him out? Or wait for him to make a move? Older guys, if a younger girl liked you and you liked her, would you make a move or be willing to wait? It’s only a couple of months that I’m 18.

11