Is it true that a persons relationship past should not color how you see them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No that isn't true. Human beings like patterns. We will typically default to something we feel comfortable doing and will do it again and again. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Someone who is extremely giving will likely continue to be giving. Someone with anger issues likely still has them. Knowing their past is really helpful in predicting future behavior.

That being said others are still figuring out who they are as people and what they want. I have friends who have dated one type of person in the past and then completely flipped when looking for a new person. Someone who dated a guy that played video games and ignored her now values a guy who is a little clingy and shows her lots of attention. So knowing who they dated in past and how important those quirks were helps moving forward.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• It depends on what they've done in the past, if they've cheated on previous partners then that would be a big problem for me, same if they've abused them or stolen from them.
    But if there's nothing bad like that then I'm ok. Number of ex partners/people they've slept with doesn't matter to me either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true. If you research a person's past you almost always see the same patterns. People who cheat have cheated in the past etc etc. If you meet a woman that has had a lot of break-ups and you find the guys she has broken up with you usually the same story from all of the guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • By default humans are creatures of habit it patterns it uses caution it should be used as a guide to go along with but gotta use common sense

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it isn’t important to know there past because if you see major red flags you need to be careful but at the same time don’t judge them too much because of it because well sometimes they he a side to the story of what happened

0|0
    0|0
  • No It has a lot to do with how you see them

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i do

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
    • That's all I gotta say about that.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes