Is it true that a persons relationship past should not color how you see them?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• No that isn't true. Human beings like patterns. We will typically default to something we feel comfortable doing and will do it again and again. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Someone who is extremely giving will likely continue to be giving. Someone with anger issues likely still has them. Knowing their past is really helpful in predicting future behavior.

That being said others are still figuring out who they are as people and what they want. I have friends who have dated one type of person in the past and then completely flipped when looking for a new person. Someone who dated a guy that played video games and ignored her now values a guy who is a little clingy and shows her lots of attention. So knowing who they dated in past and how important those quirks were helps moving forward.

Most Helpful Girl