He has to have a hand on my at all times?

I've been dating a guy from college for over a month now. We haven't kissed yet, but whenever we're together in public or in private he has to be constantly touching me. Whether it's rubbing my knee, holding my hand, having his arm around me etc...

is this a protective instinct or is it more of "she's mine, back off" thing, or is it something else?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• No.. it's neither affection nor marking territory. He desperately needs your attention and touching you is a subconscious method of holding your attention and focusing it on him.

It is also an indication of interest as you do not reject his touching you. If you told him to stop you may find yourself with less company in future nights.

Most Helpful Girl

• No idea, but my ex used to do the same... probably just to show affection