He has to have a hand on my at all times?

I've been dating a guy from college for over a month now. We haven't kissed yet, but whenever we're together in public or in private he has to be constantly touching me. Whether it's rubbing my knee, holding my hand, having his arm around me etc...

is this a protective instinct or is it more of "she's mine, back off" thing, or is it something else?

He has to have a hand on my at all times?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No.. it's neither affection nor marking territory. He desperately needs your attention and touching you is a subconscious method of holding your attention and focusing it on him.

It is also an indication of interest as you do not reject his touching you. If you told him to stop you may find yourself with less company in future nights.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No idea, but my ex used to do the same... probably just to show affection

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I am someone possesive and dominant, but I don't like that much. I would feel kinda killing her freedom, walking together by hugging or holding hands is a thing, but shouldn't be that much even while sitting somewhere. Sometimes it is also good to have some conservation or behaviour like normal friends do too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Physical contact is a guy's #1 way to show affection

1|0
    0|0
  • ''Possession'' as you feel it may be one reason. But it also could just be that he enjoys a lot to touch you, or - the other way round: demonstrates that he is YOURS.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both and it could be that he just really likes you and is crazy about you.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's both, actually.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both and affection.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's to show affection lol wtf

1|0
    0|0
  • Very nice

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes