Would it bother you if your someone became famous?

38

Most Helpful Girl

• As in my bf? Yes i dont want hoes on him. I rather he be secretly famous

Most Helpful Guy

• I might be concerned a little bit, but for practical reasons. Perhaps I'm biased a bit having worked in the film industry, but I see fame as often changing people's characters, and not always for the better. I think people are too harsh on celebrities who went off the rails a bit, since they're probably imagining themselves being in the spotlight and just being exactly the way they are now, not changing at all. Yet I think most people will change with that kind of pressure and attention, of feeling constantly under a microscope, and I sometimes think it's the lucky ones who can come out of it reasonably sane.

• And there are practical concerns for us both, like being chased by Paparazzi, having difficulty enjoying our privacy... even as her boyfriend or husband, if I do something bad and have a bad day or something, it might be published and lead to negative publicity for her.

• Indirectly it'd probably make me a minor celebrity merely for being her husband, and suddenly now I might have to be concerned about PR and image as well. So I really don't want a celebrity wife.

• I'm imagining paparazzi and tabloid-level fame though with agents obsessed with our public image. If it's a more quiet kind of fame far short of that, I wouldn't mind, and maybe be happy that she's so successful.