How to avoid attracting men/women who are players?

Long story short, the Teacher's Assistant of my sociology class initiated flirting with me for the last few weeks (gave me a disproportionate amount of attention/compliments, sat next to me every day and I tested this by changing seats, would pat me on the shoulder or "brush lint" off my clothes all the time while never touching any other female or male student in the class, sit close and look really deeply into my eyes). The last day of class., I struck up the nerve to ask him out at lunch, his girlfriend (who he conveniently never mentioned!) walked up, kissed him and glared at me. Classmates were there to see the lovely fiasco. He then hugged every student goodbye, including me, and tried to act like nothing had happened between us, which infuriated me.

Honestly, it's not the person I'm upset about, but the fact that I feel manipulated, gaslighted and cast aside.

How do you deal with this kind of humiliation?

And how do you avoid attracting assholes who give you all the signs they like you, but don't mention they're in relationships?

03