Am I the only person in an interracial relationship, who avoids other people who are in interracial relationships?

I'm a white guy, who is seeing a Pakistani Latina. I feel so blessed to have her in my life, and it makes me so happy know that she sees in me, what I see in her. Like any other IR couple, we get the usual "your kids will be so beautiful," and such, which never bothered me. But even though we get weird looks from time to time, I couldn't be happier to have her in my life.

What really bothers me isn't people who don't date interracially, it's people who brag about the fact that they are dating someone of another race... AND THOSE PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE. It's to the point that I avoid hanging out with other interracial couples, because I don't want to deal with the holier than thou attitude that so many people seem to have. If I were to be blunt, I would just tell them to relax about it, because in the same way that it's our choice to date someone of another race, it's everyone else's choice to date someone of their own race.

Obviously not all people are like that, but it's a decent number... in my experience, the most obnoxious ones have been white women, honestly... but again: not every one of them is like that.

Has this been anyone else's experience?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• at first yeah I was more conscious than my boyfriend but now, I don't care anymore. It's just the way it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• It hasn't been mine, TBH, and I've had a number of interracial relationships. We never sought out other IR couples, though.

• Thanks for the MHO

• No problem. Which races have you dated? I have dated Desi and Arab women

• Well, here is the Full Monty:

2 Japanese
      1 Korean
      1 Vietnamese
      1 Egyptian-American
      1 Trinidadian (black)
      1 biracial black/White
      1 Puerto Rican (mestiza)