Are you afraid to date black women being a white man?

I’ve had a few opportunities to date black girls that I passed up because I feel like race will be a problem because of all the racial stuff that happens on the news. I’m afraid we will have disagreements about race and politics that will cause a bunch of problems. Plus I would be nervous to meet the family. Does anyone else have this problem?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust me us black women have fears as well. I don't but I know a lot of black women are fearful that they will be used as some sort of sex experiment and tossed out. Black women also fear that she may be viewed as some sort of bucketlist check. Also it doesn't help when white and black guys online are constantly downing black women. Believe black women are the most loyal, loving group of women out there if you have our heart you're goldon.

2|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I've had a coupkle of black gfs, although it's been a Long time. Just remember you date a Person, so each Situation will be different. Those are legit concerns in some cases, but I don't think they should Prevent you from Dating someone you like.

1|1
    0|0
  • not at all.

(this is repeat issue last three weeks, btw)

0|0
    1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Then don't talk about race and politics. See each other as individuals. Focus on yourselves and close out the noise around you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm black and have many white friends.
    Respect and understanding comes from both sides. I always feel no white guy will date me because of your exact reason.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you feel the same way about white people though? I blame the media for hyping up all the racial tension.

• I feel maybe wed bump heads if we have opposing views or his family doesn't like black girls or people

What Guys Said 13

• If I say yes would that make me racist?

The culture they overwhelmingly take part in is something I want nothing to do with. I have known those that don't follow traditional black culture and they were cool people, I wasn't sexually or romantically attracted to them though.

In my experience, whenever I get into an argument with someone I run into in public, 9/10 it's a black lady.

0|1
    2|1
  • There are no black people at all where i live. But if there were i would have no problem dating any that are attractive to me. I would treat them as i treat any other woman.
    First and foremost, they are women. Not a colour or race.

1|1
    0|0
  • lol, no. Yes there can be cultural differences. But at the end of the day we all want the same things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah I'd be open to it. I make it a personal mission to always stay informed and to be as understanding as possible. My family also wouldn't care.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just fuck em and leave and check it off your blacket list.

0|0
    2|1
  • Afraid definitely isn't the right word. I'm just not attracted to them, that's why.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not afraid of dating black women. I don't want to date black women.

0|0
    1|1
  • I'm not afraid. As long as you both love each other that's all that matters

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say I'm afraid, I just know it wouldn't work.
    Two different cultures and customs.

0|0
    2|0
  • Nah I dated a couple and had 0 issues that way

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I just live on $75 dollars a month.

0|0
    0|1
  • No i like black beauty

2|1
    0|0
  • No, any race can fit together when there's love.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes