Long distance, does it work?

What are your guys opinion about long distance? I live like two hours away from the guy.
  • Yes, it can work
    Vote A
  • No, it can't work
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I married my long distance girlfriend. It was both easy and hard. Hard because we faced the usual challenges of any relationship but on hard mode. Yet it was easy because we both wanted the same things and we meshed so well together. I felt closer to her than any of my local relationships that to me, love isn't defined by distance but on the bond you share.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have an established local relationship and one of you moves away, you can find ways to make your relationship work. If you are beginning a relationship, why would you want to begin one that will have such additional difficulties?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It can work, i had a 2 year long relationship with a guy that lived 3 hours away from me. We broke up about other things, we were never arguing about the distance. But itโ€™s really hard. You need a lot of trust, patience, self control and of course a lot of love towards that person.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• I can, but it's very hard, You Need Patience, discipline and excellent communication.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can work but you have to work 100 times harder than a couple who are close. Communication is uber important - 10/20 messages a day , lots of face to face. imaginary/online cuddling and sexting - Talking about normal things online maybe having a drink or a meal together online

0|0
    0|0
  • At some point in the relationship, if it is serious and long term then one person will eventually have to move so they can live together. That is the same if they live 20 minutes away or a few hours away.
    Long distance affects how often you get to be together in the early parts of a relationship, but a serious lasting relationship where you plan to build a family together would mean one person is moving anyways.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was in a 6 years long distance relationship. It worked for me.

To be honest, it depends on the individual. If you both will mutually fall in love with eachother then it'll last forever.

1|1
    0|0
  • It can work just make sure you know the person well enough. you will feel that vibe with each other where you know you guys will never do anything to hurt each other. its painful but that rush you get from seeing each other for the first time in months is indescribable. love is a crazy drug

0|0
    0|0
  • 2hours is nothing. I dated a girl who lives in a different country to me and 9 hours away or more maybe.
    Plus i am 17 so not excatly like i can travel there and that worked for a whole year and we broke up because of a reason but that had nothing to do with the distance.

So yes it can work, normally it don't but it can esspacily when your only 2 hours away.

0|0
    0|0
  • two hours away is not really that far. My wife used to live in New York City about 4 hours away from me, we talked on the phone for 6 months until I saved up money to get a car to go up and get her. We've been married for 3 years lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally I'd say no, but 2 hours is close enough you could reasonably see each other most weekends and one of you could pop over is some kind of crisis popped up so that amount of in person interaction makes it more tangible in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol two hours isn't even that long so it can work (in my opinion), especially if you guys can sleep over and stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely with those 2 important considerations. My favorite as well. 1) Communication. 2) Respect

0|0
    0|0
  • yea. I think it can work. 2 hours away isn't bad. y'all can still easily visit each other. The further away, I think the tougher.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it can work if both couples can see each other on Skype and possibly meet up sometimes in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience, no. It becomes too easy to move on in your life without them, and before you know it, you're both just different people ๐Ÿ˜•

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's near impossible.
    You won't be able to trust the other one, all the time.
    Distance will keep on increasing, unwillingly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it can work, but for that it needs both part to be patient. It's the only way to do this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Long Distance Relationships can work if you have Patience, Communication and Trust

0|0
    0|0
  • 2hrs is still manageable

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of effort is needed in it to be successful!

0|0
    0|0
  • I found it so lovely also romantic

0|0
    0|0
  • Just takes time, patience, and understanding.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep it's work

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds good but doesn't work for long.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes its very hard work

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless you are walking its not that far

0|0
    0|0
  • One word: No.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absence makes your heart grow fonder

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only ever seen this really work in polyamorous couples. Whether they agreed to and acknowledged being poly or not.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Hell yeah, I have been for 5 years,
    married for 2 years now. AND we are still long distance
    Im immigrating from Canada to the United States soon !

1|0
    0|0
  • 2 hours is not very far compared to other people. Some people get in long distance relationships across countries and even continents. If you really like him and he likes you, you both could be willing to drive an hour and meet up halfway

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes ! but you will have to cross through some darkness , not only happy moments. If you are able to handle this with with him/her , sure it will. You dont have to think about the future. Collect the goods of it. You have somewhere someone that would do everything for you and this is just enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love my boyfriend but I hate our LDR. It's been hard to build depth to our relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can, as long as you meet up as often as possible and communicate

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 hrs isn't bad anything beyond that forget it

0|0
    0|0
  • You can make it work

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes