Is it a good ideal to chase becoming a doctor and become one by age 32?

The thing is I’ll be missing out in dating while pursuing this. I’m currently 24 and I’ll become a doctor and finish medical school for sure by age 32. However, I’m not sure what my dating pool would be like. Probably a bunch of single mothers. I wouldn’t mind but just being honest, you’d want your own kids. Right? Wrong?

The way I see it is that no relationship is ever a for sure thing so might as well waist your time chasing your dreams.

The thing is most people might say that why not have both? But you probably don’t understand how hard medical school is and how much time you have to devote into it. You’ll miss out on life for four years in a row for sure missing out on many potential relationships.

Get my drift? My dilemma? Is it a good ideal to chase becoming a doctor and become one by age 32?Is it a good ideal to chase becoming a doctor and become one by age 32?
  • Chase your dreams
    Vote A
  • You should focus on relationships
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Doctors usually find a partner pretty fast due to their good job, not gonna lie. Although you'll still have to find a woman who's understanding enough of your busy schedule. Most the doctors I personally know are married to women with jobs not less busy than theirs, so that they don't find themselves constantly having to chase the hospital on one side and their partner on the other, since their time is not exactly theirs.
    But it also depends on the field of medicine you wanna specialize in.
    If you ask me, no matter what you choose if you're passionate and talented enough, your future is guaranteed, and don't worry about dating at this point, just follow your dreams and what's meant to be will be

0|1
    0|0
    • I am siding with you on this one. No relationship is guaranteed but my career is. I’m going into surgery by the way

• I'm wishing you the best luck in that !!! Pursue your dreams and you'll find someone if not along the way then later in the future, don't be worried about it now 😊

• Buena suerte ! That's good luck in Spanish.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I say do whatever makes you happier. Are relationships that important to you?

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes they are. Sucks being alone to be honest

• Show All
    • I have but it wouldn’t make sense to me. I’m good with my hands and fixing things.

• If being a doctor is your passion then go for it😊 I’m actually kind of facing the same dilemma and seriously rethinking my future because I’ve always wanted to go into neurosurgery but starting a family is also very important to me. Only time will tell I guess

• I undestand you very well keeping a relationship well while is medical school is hard but i can still tell you you can have both... you dont have to miss out on anything and dont take your studies as if they are a burden... i knw it can be tight but keep time for other things and yes you can lots of people did it and even marry in their 4 year

0|0
    0|0
  • relationships come and go a career is for life no one can take it away from you unless you mess it up or some force of nature takes it away from you

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to stop dating just because you're studying to become a doctor. Your schedule gets worse when you become one.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I'm going to law school at 66. Pursue your dreams with all deliberate passion. You'll hate yourself if you don't.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you, I really admire you because getting into law school is very hard. There are so many things you have to memorize as well as medical school.

• That's true. I think medical school is academically and physically tougher than law school.
      I'm going to practice criminal defense. I've been approached by some bikers about being their attorney. If I don't take their money, another attorney will.

• A 32 year old doctor could be dating their pick of 18+ women. You wouldn't likely stop being busy right after med school though less you took a 9 to 5 at Kaiser.

0|1
    0|0
  • In eight years you will be 32. That's a fact. You can be a 32-year-old doctor or you can be 32 and not be a doctor. If you want to be a doctor, now is the time. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it, I know if people that went into med school in their 40s. And I know doctors and surgeons that found their partners while in school or before, and made things work.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll be 32 anyhow. Go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's see if you get the grades first to get into medical school.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes