Is it a good ideal to chase becoming a doctor and become one by age 32?

The thing is I’ll be missing out in dating while pursuing this. I’m currently 24 and I’ll become a doctor and finish medical school for sure by age 32. However, I’m not sure what my dating pool would be like. Probably a bunch of single mothers. I wouldn’t mind but just being honest, you’d want your own kids. Right? Wrong?

The way I see it is that no relationship is ever a for sure thing so might as well waist your time chasing your dreams.

The thing is most people might say that why not have both? But you probably don’t understand how hard medical school is and how much time you have to devote into it. You’ll miss out on life for four years in a row for sure missing out on many potential relationships.

Get my drift? My dilemma? Is it a good ideal to chase becoming a doctor and become one by age 32?Is it a good ideal to chase becoming a doctor and become one by age 32?
  • Chase your dreams
  • You should focus on relationships

56

Most Helpful Girl

• Doctors usually find a partner pretty fast due to their good job, not gonna lie. Although you'll still have to find a woman who's understanding enough of your busy schedule. Most the doctors I personally know are married to women with jobs not less busy than theirs, so that they don't find themselves constantly having to chase the hospital on one side and their partner on the other, since their time is not exactly theirs.
    But it also depends on the field of medicine you wanna specialize in.
    If you ask me, no matter what you choose if you're passionate and talented enough, your future is guaranteed, and don't worry about dating at this point, just follow your dreams and what's meant to be will be

• I am siding with you on this one. No relationship is guaranteed but my career is. I’m going into surgery by the way

• I'm wishing you the best luck in that !!! Pursue your dreams and you'll find someone if not along the way then later in the future, don't be worried about it now 😊

• Buena suerte ! That's good luck in Spanish.