Do u think that telling a person that they are good looking (when they are not) is good for them?

Or should u better be honest and tell them that they aren’t good looking

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Honesty is the best policy. But always make sure it’s formulated as an opinion and not some general statement. If someone told me “I think you’re ugly”, that’d upset me much less than them just saying “you’re ugly”. But I don’t think you’ll be in situations where you’ll have to lie to people about their looks too often.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Better be honest and tell them they suck. Otherwise the people won't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience people rarely blatantly ask if they are cute. And when they do a smile or a statement like “of course I’m sure plenty of dudes find you attractive?” avoiding your own personal opinion will do the trick. Most people accept that your refusal to take the opportunity to express your desire for them was done for a reason. However it’s not a concrete and blatant reason leaving them to assume how you feel. How they choose to assume is up to them and no fault of yours. On the other hand if you inform someone if they are unattractive to you without being asked if you personally fealt attracted to them you aren’t really being kind or honest. If they don’t ask for your specific opinion you shouldn’t assume that’s what they want to hear. They may be concerned about someone else’s opinion and asking you for reassurance. Telling them that they are unattractive in general may be misleading since you’re only really expressing your prefrence. Never lie about how you feel towards a person but also don’t take the opportunity to reinforce their negative view of their self. Or at least that’s how I feel.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes