Would you date someone you work or have worked with? Why? And if you did, how did it go?

If you met the right person, would take a chance to mix work with dating, is it worth it or not?
Love & Work !
Love & Work !

For me, I mostly have a chance to meet girls from work, and I have tried to get a girl's number at work, so I would take that chance, because I won't fool around, I am serious about it.

#GreatInquirerFTW
  • Yes , I would
  • No , I don't think it will work
  • I did, and I regret it
    Vote C
  • I did, and it was great
    Vote D
Oh, didn't get promoted 😕😕
Thanks for all the answers, I will try to reply to your answers as soon as possible

2736

Most Helpful Girls

• Unless it's someone working in a completely different department and I rarely/never see him at work, I wouldn't want to. I find it very unprofessional, plus it seems like these things mostly just end badly. Not to mention that I think spending some time apart is only healthy in a relationship. I couldn't imagine waking up with someone at the exact same time, heading to the same office, working the same hours, spending all day in the same room, heading home at the same time, eating dinner together, going to bed and doing it all over again 5 days a week. Nuh-uh. Nope. That's too much. I want us to have our own jobs, and for us to spend some time apart during the day so that we get the chance to miss each other and feel excited to go home.

• I'm dating someone from *my* department and we're doing good. 😉
      I'm the proof that it's not that bad but i don't really care to convince anyone otherwise. So It's basically just for myself.

• Well that’s different because it’s your dad.

• I guess so, one day maybe I will have a girlfriend 😁

• Personally I would not date a coworker ever again, I tried it once and it was a shit show.
    He and I met at a meeting, we were both at other locations at the time. We clicked but didn’t really take it anywhere at that point. About 6 months later he transferred to my location and things kind of went from there. I wanted to keep it quiet because I didn’t care for the idea of everyone knowing my personal business and where I worked it felt very much like highschool all over again, lots of gossip and rumors.
    I wanted to keep it quiet, as I said, he said ok but then turned around and told people. It wasn’t bad enough that the people at our location knew but other locations found out too. It was very uncomfortable for me that everyone knew what was going on in my life. The topper to it was that it wasn’t uncommon for one location to call another location looking for an item so at that point I wasn’t even called by name when someone wanted to talk to me to ask about something, I had become “Pete’s girl”, and that lasted far longer than the relationship did.
    For me it’s not something I’d ever do again. I’m not saying it can’t work, dating someone you work with, but I think there are far more fails then successes when it comes to that.

Most Helpful Guys

• I have in the past and would to it again. I've also known large numbers of other people who have. I can't think of any of them who had a problem with it.

I think the negatives you hear about it are vastly over stated. I think it's just cherry picking and ignores all the cases that don't have a problem.

• I see , well I don't know about it
      one day maybe, I will date xd

• i tried it out and the girl used the workplace leverage to get away with things and also tried to make me look bad to create workplace gossip. I also focused on her more than my job (bad), however she did improve my wellbeing and physical ability and made me look more attractive to a majority female workforce who recognised my new strengths but the male manager didn't like it at all (tried to upset me on my last day). The female workforce all sent me off in a great way.
    There is another girl in that workplace who i will now pursue since I've left, she showed me nothing but kindness.