Why would it be awkward if my boyfriend goes now?

My boyfriend and i have been together for about 4 months. When i met him he was kind of seeing someone but trying to be with her wasn’t working.. he left her... pursued me... and we’ve been together ever since. In the beginning of our relationship i had a problem with this particular girl because they were telling each other they missed one another. I eventually talked to him about that/got over it moved on and here we are.
I work with a mutual friend of hers and she asked me “are you and your boyfriend going to her housewarming?” And i responded “no why would we go?” And she said “well i assumed you were tagging along with your boyfriend because he asked me was i going because he said he was going too” So apparently My boyfriend is going but he hasn’t mentioned it to me nor has he asked me would i like to go. So, i brought it up to him and his response was “well she verbally invited me.
I asked her the details because she didn’t give me a proper invitation he told me he asked her when she was having it and what day etc... I’m not staying but i will go” and then he said “well now it’ll be awkward if i go now”

839

Most Helpful Guys

• he's lying to you he wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up...
    sounds like he's got an ulterior motive to going there and feels like he doesn't want you around to ruin it for him...

I would personally question his loyalty and commitment towards his relationship with you tbh

• True. Bet you he was planning on staying out REAL late

• He isn't only not over her, he wants her. Come on guys let the world know thst we all even girl sometimes can think about leaving many opportunities open and available for immediate action. It is not like he wanted her once but now he is yours, his short thing with the two balls wants her and you and anybody else it can find and like

• How can he want her when he dropped her to pursue me

• And i got to say that this sounds like it's what you hope. We often hope for mostly obvious things to stay and be as we would wish to... but 90% it's just wishes that won't be fullfilled...

• Even if that is true, I think you deserve more than him not wanting to want her.

Like you deserve to be wanted for who you are on your own, not because you are a slightly better option than her and can help him forget her. You know what I mean?

be sure he wants you... not just a distraction...

Most Helpful Girl

• blegh I dont like the situation at all

Tbh I don't know who he likes more. You or her. Seems like a messy situation just due to the way it started. Are you and him serious? Like has he told you he loves you?

If not he might b trying to keep his options open/ is curious about what he lost...

sigh.

Dont like it really

• He didn’t lose her he gave her up

• ah ok

then try to ask him... why didn't he tell u about it? not in an accusatory manner. tell him u just want to understand why he felt the need not to mention it to u?

• thanks for MHO. wow only noticed it now lol :D