Should you date someone you are not at all attracted to?

#wowgirl10q#wowgirl#gag#
#wowgirl10q#wowgirl#gag#

3877

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, because you never know after dating them, they might surprise you

Most Helpful Girls

What Guys Said 75

• Sounds like someone you should be friends with instead.

• no if you aren't attracted to them then be friends if you get along with them ok, but if you are attracted or find yourself drawn to them then by all means see where it goes... but you will just appear desperate if you aren't attracted to them on any level

• Start as friends and go from there.
    Sometimes do it develops to what you need (the one) but doesn't hang up on that you should stop seeing other's for more than friends. sometime you have to go that way for you two to become mature for each other for the whole bit to fall to place.

• That shouldn't be s limiting factor.
    If you like some emotionally very much, then spending time with them is enough to change your opinion on their looks.
    People we like look better.
    I have friends who I thought were really ugly when I first met them but think they're alright now. Simply because I now like them.

• Not going to work. The foundation for the relationship is never established. You can go long periods without sex I'm a long term relationship. You have to be physically attracted to the person in the beginning. It's human nature

• I'm assuming you mean physical attraction. If there's no attraction at all thrn no. But if there are certain physical traits you're not so keen on, you can overlook it, if your emotional attraction is strong enough.

• Its up to you. I've dated woman i wasn't attracted to initially but after getting to know them as a person attraction developed. In my opinion this is only going to happen if you are attracted to them as a human being. You can wind up having a very fulfilling relationship both physically and emotionally.

• No, you shouldn't. Because what's the point of dating if you feel nothing towards the significant other. Plus, also it's not good to be leading someone.

• no, love can grow , but base physical attraction not change ( not meaning age)
    for anything to work needs a balance of both it only fall apart

• No. While someone "not your type" may suddenly be attractive to you, there something ATTRACTING you to him. But to not be attracted at all... Not a good idea. The biggest difference between your best friend and your life mate is physical intimacy. If you're not able to feel that spark, don't try and force it. Isn't it great when it comes naturally?

• If you like them as a person and they ask first, I think going on one date just to get to know them better can't really hurt. If their personality is what turns you off or they're weird in a bad way, save yourself the trouble.

• Attraction can happen as you get to know them more. However, until such a time, dating someone you don't have an attraction to at that point may not be wise.

• No, but I don't limit attraction to just looks so my standards might be different than that of others. I'd rather spend my time with a 3 or 4 who is cool than a vapid 9 or 10.

• Depends are you going to tell them you're not attracted to them at all? Because to do otherwise would be dishonest in my mind. I wouldn't want a woman being with me simply because she felt lonely.

• no.
    it's a waste of time and effort.
    it also makes for an unnecessarily awkward situation.
    that's why i refused to do blind dates.

• No you shouldn't. I am a big believer of "find your type" kind of person, don't settle for anything else than what you want

• You'll never know if you don't try. It might be that nothing comes of it.
    It also might be that you find a true gem.

• Of course not. Only dating with someone you love is senseful. I also get if you date someone you're only attracted to. If you're not even attracted, why bother?

• Still depends, sometimes I choosed to give a try and I realized I liked her a lot, however if someone you are completely not into, I would say no

• Not bad to go on a date or two and see how you feel, after a few days and still nothing probably best moving on with no hard feelings.

• Some people are desperate and date opportunistically. They are just happy to be on a date. I could never do it.

• Most people will want someone they are attracted to phyically and nonphysically. What i mean is attraccted to their looks, personality and the way they do things.

• I take it you mean physical attraction? Because of your considering dating them you must be attracted to them in some way if that factor is strong enough then go for it :)

• Maybe once. Just to see if they have an attractive heart/thinking/attitude

• Nope. Both of you will endup with broken heart and it just feel like worst feeling you don't want to have.

• No, it's important. They don't have to be "perfect", but you should be attracted to them.

• Although dating maybe yes, because their personality can and does play a huge part in that attraction.

• Nope , cause attraction is a part of connection between partners

• Maybe not
    I don't think it will last
    And it will also consume time

• I mean it's worth the shot, worse thing that can happen in these terms is you still remain unattracted to them right?

• As long as you have a clear vision on what you want to get out of it, then yes

• Show more from Guys
    45

What Girls Said 36

• I've been physically attracted to people I had NO chemistry with. I've had no attraction to be that I DID have chemistry with! XD But--if you don't have both physical attraction and chemistry with them, don't bother. That's just me!

• Hmmmm well sometimes diamonds are in the ruff. So I’d say go on a date or two and if their inner person doesn’t win you over then no. A lot of times the sweetest people are hidden under what society says isn’t attractive!

• Should, should not, I don't know, many arranged marriages work out although people should nt fins each other attractive at first sign and they really tried to work things out but ifbita not working and you two are only dating, ita pointless to force it

• no, because i'm taking "attraction" not just as physical attraction, but in terms of personality, behaviour etc. if someone is not all attracted to a person, why should they date them?

• No I would not. However, for me to not be attracted to you, you have to have regular bad hygiene, be a smoker, be abusive, or any combination of these.
    If you're nice to me and my daughter then you are hot, no matter what you look like.

• No attraction at all? No you shouldn’t. Then you’ll find some way to blame that person for it being their fault that it didn’t work out.

• No I don’t think so. That would just be wasting both of your time.

• Try being friends at first (if you like their personality ofc) .. maybe later you’ll get attracted to eachother

• Well I think attraction is relative. For me it doesn't play a huge role when dating. If I like your personality and behaviour you don't need to be "my type"

• I say casually date but more like just spend one-on-one with one another I agree a relationship isn't just based on the appearance of someone if you judge somebody just by their appearance you're picking and choosing. Which normally leads to bad relationship stories. I think it has to do Mainly with compatibility. All of your friends you are suppose to genuinely care for their well-being. And a relationship is no different from a friendship except for the benefit of sex. Now a days we let Society get in our heads and kind of manipulate us into thinking someone is physically unattractive. If your asking this question you are confused on what you might really find attractive in a person. Subconsciously comparing it to what Society calls attractive.. Most amazing relationships start off as seeing no physical attraction. But a friend a source of comfort. Give in to what you know your heart needs and desires. And it may work out with time. If you allow it.

• Do you mean attracted sexually or romantically? If the first then I'd still give it a chance. Feel the waters a bit. If second then no. You can't force yourselve to love anyone.

• Not at all attracted to? Bad personality and looks, no.

• No, never! It will be obvious to them you aren’t attracted to them.

• Yes but no. I would be super attracted to them mentality but a not tooo much physically maybe. But never the opposite.

• Nope, it only will end up failing. just let the person know beforehand if you not attracted to them.

• No, you will regret every moment of it. Why make yourself miserable to spare others’ feelings.

• No, if we have similar interests but no sexual attraction then I'd rather we'd be best of friends.

• Nope, I wouldn't.

• No, sexual chemistry is important to me

• If you don't wanna get pregnant maybe.

• Simple answer:
    No.

• No , it feels like your stringing rhem alone

• No u shouldn't

• Yes because physical attraction isn't everything

• Rather not

• That's a stupid question

• Um no

• Never works out

• That's just a waist of time on both parties sides

• Never

• Show more from Girls
    6