Why do people want relationships?

I don't get it. Why be with one person when you could sleep with many different people all the time? Most relationships crash and burn and just ruin everyone's lives. Relationships are cancer and most people are trash. So what's the point? Love doesn't exist, nor do feelings. We are all just animals, like dogs. Humans are not special at all, there is no deep meaning to life or anything. I do believe in a higher power but I do not think humans are any better than dogs. I just don't get why people think staying with one person for a long time is a good thing - that sucks I think.

2012

Most Helpful Girls

• I think you're the one who is incapable of commitment and has slept with 50+ people, so don't generalize ALL human beings and attack ALL women saying they sleep around, because some of us do not and will never. It's your behaviors and way of thinking that disable you to find a woman, it's not because all women cannot commit. Those who cannot commit are not women.

You're still young and have a long way to learn and mature.

I'm seeing the pattern in your posts. Thanks for the invitation to answer them, but I think the ones with problems aren't others.

• What pattern are you seeing?

• @LonelyGuy87 Excuse you! It's the hatred you have in ALL and every single girl and woman that will make you unable to find a nice one. Not "every" girl parties a lot. I'm 27 came from another country, but I've been in America for over 10 years, but I have NEVER been to a club and I have zero interest in it. The first time I went to a party was for a job I had when I was 25 or 26. My college was known for parties. Decent university, nice and competitive programs, but if you tell someone you attend there people ask if you party a lot. However, I have never been to any of those parties.

Stop your generalization and be open-minded, or you will never find a decent girl.

• @LonelyGuy87 I bet you that I've had less partners than you've had, and I'm almost 10 years older than you.

• People want relationships in terms of having an emotional connection with someone. That one person with whom you will share the rest of your life with that accepts you and loves you unconditionally. Sleeping with different people won't bring such a connection. Only one person can have your needs fulfilled. Even if you don't believe in love, others do. Yes, human beings are animals but we are rather evolutionally complex animals with a variety of feelings and abstract thoughts. Our species is not black and white.

• We are all just trash. And no people don't want relationships otherwise people would cheat and breakup/divorce so damn much.

• There are reasons why people break up/divorce it does not automatically conclude that they don't want to be in a relationship. As for cheating, it's just unacceptable.

Most Helpful Guys

• Relationship isn't all about sex. Sure there are breakups and stuff misconceptions happens but it doesn't mean you should avoid it but be prepared for it. You know you can have support in relationship and be less lonely. Relationship doesn't hurt but losing it hurts just like losing your phone. If love doesn't exist and how were you born?

• Relationships are an instinct of procreation and survival that evolved before civilization. In this modern world of easy living and automation human dependency is minimal for survival so the relationship is really archaic. The relationship is a leftover similar to an appendix that flares up now and then. In this day and age the relationship is only detrimental and can cause great harm to those that fall subject to its overwhelming influence. Instincts and emotions all evolved so that nature could force us to do things beyond our will such that foolish sacrifice and selflessness somehow seems justified. The relationship is about the only thing that I see that is holding back full progression of individual independence such that single is personal sovereignty and is accepted as the norm. All that is left is for individuals to quit seeking relationships to complete the modern adaptation and transformation of pure equality. Relationships are counter to the new age of evolution.