Why do people want relationships?

I don't get it. Why be with one person when you could sleep with many different people all the time? Most relationships crash and burn and just ruin everyone's lives. Relationships are cancer and most people are trash. So what's the point? Love doesn't exist, nor do feelings. We are all just animals, like dogs. Humans are not special at all, there is no deep meaning to life or anything. I do believe in a higher power but I do not think humans are any better than dogs. I just don't get why people think staying with one person for a long time is a good thing - that sucks I think.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think you're the one who is incapable of commitment and has slept with 50+ people, so don't generalize ALL human beings and attack ALL women saying they sleep around, because some of us do not and will never. It's your behaviors and way of thinking that disable you to find a woman, it's not because all women cannot commit. Those who cannot commit are not women.

You're still young and have a long way to learn and mature.

I'm seeing the pattern in your posts. Thanks for the invitation to answer them, but I think the ones with problems aren't others.

1|1
    0|0
    • What pattern are you seeing?

• Show All
    • @LonelyGuy87 Excuse you! It's the hatred you have in ALL and every single girl and woman that will make you unable to find a nice one. Not "every" girl parties a lot. I'm 27 came from another country, but I've been in America for over 10 years, but I have NEVER been to a club and I have zero interest in it. The first time I went to a party was for a job I had when I was 25 or 26. My college was known for parties. Decent university, nice and competitive programs, but if you tell someone you attend there people ask if you party a lot. However, I have never been to any of those parties.

Stop your generalization and be open-minded, or you will never find a decent girl.

• @LonelyGuy87 I bet you that I've had less partners than you've had, and I'm almost 10 years older than you.

• People want relationships in terms of having an emotional connection with someone. That one person with whom you will share the rest of your life with that accepts you and loves you unconditionally. Sleeping with different people won't bring such a connection. Only one person can have your needs fulfilled. Even if you don't believe in love, others do. Yes, human beings are animals but we are rather evolutionally complex animals with a variety of feelings and abstract thoughts. Our species is not black and white.

0|0
    0|0
    • We are all just trash. And no people don't want relationships otherwise people would cheat and breakup/divorce so damn much.

• There are reasons why people break up/divorce it does not automatically conclude that they don't want to be in a relationship. As for cheating, it's just unacceptable.

Most Helpful Guys

• Relationship isn't all about sex. Sure there are breakups and stuff misconceptions happens but it doesn't mean you should avoid it but be prepared for it. You know you can have support in relationship and be less lonely. Relationship doesn't hurt but losing it hurts just like losing your phone. If love doesn't exist and how were you born?

0|1
    0|0
  • Relationships are an instinct of procreation and survival that evolved before civilization. In this modern world of easy living and automation human dependency is minimal for survival so the relationship is really archaic. The relationship is a leftover similar to an appendix that flares up now and then. In this day and age the relationship is only detrimental and can cause great harm to those that fall subject to its overwhelming influence. Instincts and emotions all evolved so that nature could force us to do things beyond our will such that foolish sacrifice and selflessness somehow seems justified. The relationship is about the only thing that I see that is holding back full progression of individual independence such that single is personal sovereignty and is accepted as the norm. All that is left is for individuals to quit seeking relationships to complete the modern adaptation and transformation of pure equality. Relationships are counter to the new age of evolution.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I was about to be so incredibly annoyed but then you talked about the human—dog thing and the meaning of life part was accurate too.
    Everything else I disagree with but that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to that

3|2
    0|0
  • You can choose to view life negatively or positively. Whichever one you choose don't expect others to be the exact same as you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because I don't want to spend my life sleeping with different people. I want it to be with someone I love. To be sex is better with someone I love and yes I know that you said love doesn't exist but to me does and everyone has their own opinions.

0|0
    1|0
    • Wow I absolutely failed at typing that. To me sex is better* to me it does*

• Show All
    • Because humans are just animals.

• Animals have feelings and love is a feeling so I would like an actual study done by scientists.

• Companionship, love, feeling of belonging, stability, to raise a family.

0|2
    0|0
    • Those do not exist. Most relationships crash and burn so it’s clear those things don’t exist. We are animals

• Show All
    • Yeah I know. My life is pretty much over.

• This post completes what I was trying to say

• thinking negatively about it is just going to make life negative. relationships bring companionship and happiness. just fucking around (I mean that literally) doesn't make any meaning. like you I do believe humans and animals are the same, but think of the fact that there are actually some animals out there that do stick to one mate for life. and even if that mate dies they sometimes don't look for another. sound familiar?

0|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend had never had a relationship until he got with me. He hated them. I wanted a relationship because I don’t want to share him.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would never want any relationship besides my boyfriend
    And NO it doesn't suck either
    I don't want to have any one else look/ touch etc my body except my boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I think that's a nihilist way to look at thing. Although it may have grain of truth in it, I feel thinking that love exists gives people a purpose

0|0
    0|0
  • It used to be because I had a genuine liking for that person, but now it's all fucked up. So I don't want relationships anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I love to have one person that is there for me no matter what.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we want to fill some sort of void?

0|2
    0|0
  • cuddles

0|0
    0|0
  • Madness

0|0
    0|0
  • because I want to be in love

0|0
    0|0
  • They're stupid

0|0
    1|0
  • Love exists. Many people make mistakes though and it’s hard to forgive.
    Maybe you will meet someone one day that will change your opinion about humans and their ability to have deep feelings.
    Also there is a meaning of this life - to learn and show what true love is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it. I don’t want to sleep around with a lot of people. It is just better in a comitted relationship, you get to know eachother and what you want and sex is just better with someone you love, and no it doesn’t have to get boring. People are wonderful there is no expiration date and we evelop constantly so there is always something to admire about your partner. I am deeply in love with my husband father of our children and I know he is deeply in love with me, i m happy to share life with him and experience with him, travel with him, dance with him, laugh with him, and i feel blessed about that. I could never find the same happiness as i do with him from a lot of different guys to me that sounds boring, dull and emotionally i could not do it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Love does exist, feeling does exist says science. But i wouldn’t take science too serious on that matter.

• Show All
    • @LonelyGuy87 I think you just say that guys bring home a lot of girls 🙊 when you say girls "catching up" with guys.

"Some girls" are - but not ALL - thank you. That sounds less ignorant.

• @StarsInTheEyes Not all, no, but most. Most girls have been with around 80 guys and don't want relationships.

• i ask this myself too and can't find answer

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Finding a relationship that isn't cancer is ideal... the dream of pussy and a woman on your arm and by your side gets loved everyday.

For some though, they get burned. The chicks they invested in are the ones no better than dogs. ... men too on the flip side.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are a smart man. Keep fucking and enjoying life. Don't be like the other losers who end up getting married. Remember the magic 10. Fuck a girl 10 times and then dump her and move on to another pussy. Disagree with you about no deep meaning to life or anything though. Find some great literature to read, you will see how deep life is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because humans have emotions and we created several "Societies" with different rules... You're justs stupid and trolling.

0|1
    0|0
  • (Sorry , didn't read the description )
    After being single for 26 years, you would understand , that you have nothing to do.
    Your life would seem empty , you want someone that you can take care of, and someone who would actually give a damn about you.
    You don't need money, as much as you need someone to share with.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but girls aren't worth it anymore (supposedly) so?

• Nope , I don't think so , most girls you would see , they are not the real deal.
      On the internet it is all fake , I know hook up culture screwed things up, but there are still some great girls out there, that worth taking the risk.

• True. But it is good to have someone special , sadly a lot of people are not prepared to put anything into a relationship its always the other person who is wrong. being able to accept that yourself may be the person who is wrong and big enough to say sorry, I made a mess of it. They say a good relationship is 2 people putting in 110%into it and being able to say sorry …...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll put it this way

- I want that special one to raise kids with
    - Show special love to
    - Treat a special way
    - Do more than casual sex (shit will get boring at a certain age for me)
    I don't know.. what else to say, I just want "that woman"

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah and then you'll come home early one day and see your "special woman" in bed with another man.

• Doesn't happen to everyone

• Money, social status, attention, bitches aren’t in it for nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think i get why your called LonelyGuy87

1|1
    0|0
  • you have too much to learn boy...

0|1
    0|0
  • to help them feel whole..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes