WHY is 20 too young to be in a committed relationship?

A loved one told me I’m too young to settle etc. that my age (20) is a time to explore etc.

this loved one, on the other hand, didn't bother to meet my boyfriend from the start. The first thing I told them when my boyfriend and I were only friends, was that he didn’t go to college and automatically this person thought that I shouldn’t even hang with them.

A year later, after several times of fun and some arguments and learning how to communicate, my boyfriend and I moved in together.

I looked it it up though and people say it’s too young but I wonder why.

Unlike my other friends who who are in committed relationships, I don’t feel the need to meet other guys because I’m currently dating someone who loves and respects me. He’s makes sacrifices for me and he appreciates me. I’m aware he isn’t perfect, cause again we’ve had our downs but we work on communicating. Sometimes I see this look in his eyes when he looks at me and says he wants to marry me (but I’m making him wait, cause of course I still want to see how we are doing a couple of years from now. I want to be sure this isn’t something that’s gonna die out). I feel like if I drop him, though there might be some sweet and smart guys, nobody’s ever gonna compare to him. He’s someone I want to hold onto. He’s taught me a lot and I love our spontaneous adventures

i know now we are young and still growing, but I’m confident in us. If things end later for whatever reason, fine, I’ll accept it. But for now, I firmly believe in us and can see a future.

My main question is, what are the point of views, questions, or suggestions YOU think someone should consider for someone in place? thank you you for your advice!

914

Most Helpful Guys

• While you can be in a committed relationship at this time, there are a lot of restrictions, commitments, and hassles you have to deal with. Firstly, having a stable income is much more difficult than being married at a later age. Secondly, the two members of the party shouldn't be bounded by one relationship, especially since marriage and parenthood have a huge investment in risk, especially for women. Lastly, in the 20s marriage is extremely costly and doing various other activities at a time where you are at your peak is usually preferable when marriage has a lot of sacrifices and doesn't guarantee that you would be able to have the time to do everything you want before your inevitable demise.

• There's some sense in saying 20yrs old is to young to tie yourself down in a relationship. The potential to do and see so many different things is one of the benefits of youth.
    Then you have to realise not everyone is the same.
    Some just don't feel the need to go off and experience the various things life can offer. And that's perfectly fine as well.
    It all boils down to you and what you want, what you yourself are happy with.
    Many would give up all the adventures they could go on to have what you have.
    As long as it feels right, and you're happy. Enjoy what you have.
    You don't have to justify yourself to anyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people have their share of experiences when it comes to dating but it's bad to give an advice to others only based on their personal experience.
    My opinion is that you don't need to experience and explore in order to find the person you're meant to be with , the more u do the more confusing it'll get.
    True it'll help you distinguish between players and genuine guys and shape the expectations of guys and how you wanna be treated better, but it's smarter to just learn from other people's mistakes (who are also those who tell you to experience), than to make those mistakes yourself and then regret.
    So I think you're doing great.