Are we all shallow when it comes to dating? Why or why not? Is it right to be shallow in dating?

12

What Girls Said 1

• We all have our preferences, just some are more extreme than others

What Guys Said 2

• I feel it's less being shallow & more making sure I find someone compatible. Nothing shallow in that.

• "Shallow" and "deep" are only distinguished in my opinion by the amount of info you gather in advance. The idea that looks don't communicate important information is something I'd contest a lot, as even the confidence of a person is often expressed through how they carry themselves in ways you deduce with the eyes. It's not something I could deduce over text, for example.

As for being "shallow" in dating, I did date girls that I barely knew in advance. And many of those didn't work out as I got to get more information about them (and them about me) over the dating process. There's a higher risk there to dating somebody you don't know that well initially, and I ended up marrying a girl I knew as a friend for a year in advance before we started dating. So I figure it's lower risk if you know each other well first, but I don't necessarily see higher risk as bad if you are prepared for that risk.