Why are people so against Pride parades?

Being a lesbian myself, I absolutely love going to Pride parades. I have made so many friends from attending them and even met my current girlfriend at one this past summer. I know that a lot of people say that they hate Pride parades because they question why LGBTQ+ people are throwing their sexuality in everyone's faces.
I know homophobes and prudes are going to hate it, that's just a part of being gay, but I find it very hypocritical to hear people say "I support LGBTQ+ but I absolutely hate Pride", it has just never made sense to me how you can say you're supportive but hate people celebrating the oppression they have overcome and being able to truly express themselves publicly.
Thoughts on the matter?

319

Most Helpful Guys

• You want to shove your sht down our throats and this is why:

The Fox Who Lost His Tail - Fables of Aesop As you've lost your tail, you want us to cut off our tails." At this, the fox without a tail felt ashamed and left the place quickly."

AND

In psychology, the false-consensus effect or false-consensus bias is an attributional type of cognitive bias whereby people tend to overestimate the extent to which their opinions, beliefs, preferences, values, and habits are normal and typical of those of others. This false consensus is significant because it increases self-esteem (overconfidence effect). It can be derived from a desire to conform and be liked by others in a social environment. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect

Nobody gives a sht about your sht.

• Why must I be a homophone to dislike parades promoting what I don't feel is good. Why is it so important to you that I know you are a lesbian. I really don't push heterosexual orientation in your face or demand parades. What makes this kind of exhibition so important. The news always shows highlights kissing and suggestive clothing as what you are all about. I don't care if you love your partner but you demand a public arena to exhibit sexual activity. And you can't write this off as homophobia. I am not the one going to you and it you who brings yourself to me when you parade sex. I may love someone but not want them on the streets with tit T-shirts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well as a Christian I don't support, since i know same-sex intercourse is a sin and I think changing gender through survey is judt dangerous and doctors are just promoting it for money. That's why I don't support those parades, But I don't hate the individuals or think they should be attacked