Why are people so against Pride parades?

Being a lesbian myself, I absolutely love going to Pride parades. I have made so many friends from attending them and even met my current girlfriend at one this past summer. I know that a lot of people say that they hate Pride parades because they question why LGBTQ+ people are throwing their sexuality in everyone's faces.
I know homophobes and prudes are going to hate it, that's just a part of being gay, but I find it very hypocritical to hear people say "I support LGBTQ+ but I absolutely hate Pride", it has just never made sense to me how you can say you're supportive but hate people celebrating the oppression they have overcome and being able to truly express themselves publicly.
Thoughts on the matter?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You want to shove your sht down our throats and this is why:

The Fox Who Lost His Tail - Fables of Aesop As you've lost your tail, you want us to cut off our tails." At this, the fox without a tail felt ashamed and left the place quickly."

AND

In psychology, the false-consensus effect or false-consensus bias is an attributional type of cognitive bias whereby people tend to overestimate the extent to which their opinions, beliefs, preferences, values, and habits are normal and typical of those of others. This false consensus is significant because it increases self-esteem (overconfidence effect). It can be derived from a desire to conform and be liked by others in a social environment. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect

Nobody gives a sht about your sht.

1|1
    0|0
  • Why must I be a homophone to dislike parades promoting what I don't feel is good. Why is it so important to you that I know you are a lesbian. I really don't push heterosexual orientation in your face or demand parades. What makes this kind of exhibition so important. The news always shows highlights kissing and suggestive clothing as what you are all about. I don't care if you love your partner but you demand a public arena to exhibit sexual activity. And you can't write this off as homophobia. I am not the one going to you and it you who brings yourself to me when you parade sex. I may love someone but not want them on the streets with tit T-shirts.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well as a Christian I don't support, since i know same-sex intercourse is a sin and I think changing gender through survey is judt dangerous and doctors are just promoting it for money. That's why I don't support those parades, But I don't hate the individuals or think they should be attacked

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• The problem with Pride parades is that it is a movement hijacked by sexual deviants promoting public displays of overly-sexualised degeneracy. No one wants to see gimps dry humping each other while playing dildos and their creepy fetishes. It's highly inappropriate, especially when children can attend these events.

Whatever you want to do in your bedroom is your business. But it doesn't belong in the fucking streets.

The irony is that homosexuals would be much more easily accepted without this sort of flagrant display of unseemly stupidity.

https://i.redd.it/g7pmu23sz17z.png
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../SM_Gay_Slaves.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DenxZDVVAAA1LYR.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • I just think they turned it into a good way to party in the streets just the way they want without having to worry about what other people have to say about that because they can just say that anyone who dislikes the parade is homophobic.
    I'd say they did well, but they pushed it a bit too far.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm straight, and I've never had a problem with pride parades, but I have read about people who do. If all their complaints, the only issue that they've raised that has any merit at all is the amount of nudity and sexual posturing commonly found at the larger parades. It doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't want a young child watching some of the antics.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lots of naked or barely not naked people running around in glitter and dildos, showing off their privates to children.
    If the LGBT community could act as normal of people at pride parades as they claim to be, I would be more supportive of the parades.
    https://youtu.be/OuMsuo7m-eQ

0|1
    0|0
  • You've confused 'support' for something like desire or interest. Normal people don't care what your sexual proclivities are - you just want them to know. And you want them to like them. It's a fail for so many reasons. They just don't care.

0|1
    0|0
  • pride for what? being gay or lesbian or trans? oh yea what a great achievement...

0|1
    1|0
    • it's pride for overcoming the fact that so many people don't think these people are worthy of living life the way they want to. maybe it's not a great achievement for being gay, but it IS a great achievement to be comfortable who you are despite so many people hating it and wanting it to be illegal.

• who wants to make it illegal. religious nuts and some right wingers which are a minority. be gay. no1 actually cares for other ppls private life.

• I don't support either.
    "Pride" is a degenerate celebration, indecent exposure is not pride, it's just wrong.
    I don't get why you need to advertise your sexuality by jumping around half naked in public.

It should be banned by law.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, pride parades often have a lot of nudity and in most places nudity is not allowed but for some reason nudity and lewd behavior is allowed during pride parades.

0|0
    0|0
  • How about you have a generalized parade that everybody can get behind that isn't about politics, sexuality, and religion?

0|0
    0|0
  • I only dislike them like I dislike almost all parades - it messes up traffic. Other than that, I am supportive of gay folks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your sexuality is nothing to be proud of, regardless what it is.

0|1
    1|0
  • Only the religious nuts hate Pride parades

Most people support Pride parades or do not care about them

0|1
    0|2
  • is this about pride parades or being gay seems more about being gay dont think people have a problem just ignorant

0|0
    0|0
  • Only the snowflakes who might be hiding the fact that they are actually gay dislike pride parades

0|0
    0|0
    • Should i get "pride" because im heterosexual, who cares what sexual orientation you are?

• Keep ur shit in ur house

0|1
    1|0
  • I have no issues with pride parades

0|0
    0|0
  • I went once, got groped twice in 15 mins and left. Fuck that.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• They are prudes?
    They hate the LGBTQ community?
    They get triggered over parades?
    They are closed minded?

0|0
    0|1
  • Some people are just closed minded

0|0
    0|0