Guys: On a first date, do you prefer to pay or split the check?

When you're on a first date with a girl, do you prefer to pay for the whole check or do you prefer it if she pays her half? I hear guys complaining all the time about having to pay for women on dates, but they still seem to prefer paying for her than splitting the check because it makes them "feel like men."
  • I prefer to pay for both of us
    Vote A
  • I prefer if we split/both pay for ourselves
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer for each of us to pay for himself, after all most women nowadays have jobs, so why shouldn't they pay? and I don't want her to be with me for my money.

0|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend paid for both of us when we went to see a movie the night before the rubik’s cube competition

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Split the first time so nobody feels obligated or used. After that I still won't pay her way until she pays my way first. If she seems upset that I haven't paid for her then that is the last time I would see her.

0|0
    1|0
  • I usually invite so I usually pay. Also it just feels like part of making a good first impression to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • We don't really have a choice. You women won't go out on a second date with us if we don't pay.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes