Vote B
  • Split the bill
    Vote C
  • Get Mexico to pay
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I’m gonna mail all my bills to Congreso General de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, Tabacalera, 06030 Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Honestly I always insist on paying first. XD. But I prefer always offering to pay no matter what. Or taking turns treating each other occasionally. And or splitting the bill. It seems fair. :). I gotta take care of my guy too.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• "The boss". I remember one time a former boss of mine kept persuading me to go to a Thai restaurant with him. He kept saying it was so amazing and that I should go. I just wanted to get fast food so that I could work on my work without taking like an entire hour away from it. Yet he kept insisting and so I reluctantly went to Thai restaurant with him.

After we ate the waiter asked about the bill and he said to split the bill. I was taken back since I thought, for sure, he'd pay in this case. Unfortunately I didn't have enough cash so I offered to pay with the credit card. The waiter said they can't accept a credit card. Meanwhile the boss is watching me and still not doing anything.

So they told me there was an ATM at a gas station across the street, so I cross the street, withdraw some cash, come back, and pay for the bill. And at that point I thought my boss was such a cheapskate.

Anyway, I'm going with "the boss": the person who leads the other person on the date if there is one. If there is no leader/boss, then maybe split.

0|2
    0|0
    • My answer might be closest to "the one who asks the other out should pay." And that felt close to me but I never quite felt that was entirely right from a social dynamic. If I relate it to the work analogy, if a colleague of mine asks to hang out for drinks after work, he might be the one asking but we're colleagues; we're mutually hanging out; no one is leading and no one is following. And in that case I'd expect to split the bill.

But when the boss asks, then that's a very different dynamic. He's taking the reigns. He's leading in that case, and we're following. And in that case I see it as a part of the leader's responsibilities to pay for his/her followers, since the followers don't have as much of a say on where to go. Even if the leader asks for suggestions, he always makes the executive decision in that scenario.

So if there's a "boss", and someone is clearly leading and someone is clearly following, then I think the leader should pay.

• He's taking the [/reins]. He's leading in that case [...]

• Whoever is the one asking the person out should be the one to pay for the date. It usually lands on the guy to ask out the girl so I’d say the guy. Just more polite since you’re essentially like the host

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

What Guys Said 15

• Just pay for your own food, then no-one feels like the other should be paying because you are only paying for what you are eating

0|1
    0|0
  • If she asks him out, she should pay. If he asks her, he should pay. Any future dates after that, the bill should be split 50/50.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with Princesspie. First date I’ll pay, after that take turns

0|1
    0|0
  • I normally ask so I expect to pay, but the "Get Mexico to Pay" is hilarious.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mexico. It might aswell slide it in with the wall payment😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Split bill

0|1
    0|0
  • Split the bill so you pay for your own order.

0|1
    0|0
  • The girl

2|2
    1|1
  • Who ever did the asking out.

0|1
    0|0
  • The one who asked for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Split the bill

0|1
    0|0
  • After the initial date, who ever sets it up.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was raised for the guy to pay

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls should, always.

0|1
    0|0
  • tightass bitches on this site

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes