Can you restore trust after someone snooped?

616

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. Only after sorting out why they did it on an emotional level. Putting my foot down that I won't put up with it. Admission of guilt. Doing something to make it right and time. Trust is built over time

• I snooped through my bf’s phone during a period of extreme doubt in the relationship. I told him why I did it. I admitted to it. But, he still brings it up. This happened about a week ago, almost two.

• You gotta rebuild trust with him. Some things aren't just fixed with saying sorry. Good on you for owning up to it. You're still going to be in the doghouse for a bit. If months go by and he still brings it up, then it's on you to say he can't keep throwing that in your face. He either forgives you or he doesn't.

However, it's only been a week or so and that was a serious breach of trust. Own it and accept the situation for the time being.

• Not likely. When I was yunger I was open minded far more then now when I know and understand how certain things work. And I believed that everything can be fixed, but thats not true. Once trust is broken it takes triple the amount of time to fix it, and even then there will that gao, black hole or whatever where I can't relax, and whatever other side says I will always question everything other side is doing or saying. And since I am unable to live in between, because I am stretched between extreams. Its either I am in relationshio or not. There is no between or middle ground for me, if I can't have all then I will not have anything. So in relationship, if I can't have a healthy relationship I refuse to have a half functional one that demands overtime work to function. I ask for honesty before actions. Truth can hurt me, but at least I will respect the oerson because of that and there is a higher chance that I would motivate myself to fix things. But lies... They are nice and many people enjoy them because they make us dreaming, but thats all... When reality kicks in lies are enraging people because dream is gone.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they found nothing yes. If they found infidelity? No

• I snooped. I didn’t find anything. But, i feel it has caused a huge strain on my relationship.

• Maybe i should talk to him and ask how it truly made him feel?

• Go for it. Communication is key