Can you restore trust after someone snooped?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. Only after sorting out why they did it on an emotional level. Putting my foot down that I won't put up with it. Admission of guilt. Doing something to make it right and time. Trust is built over time

0|0
    0|0
    • I snooped through my bf’s phone during a period of extreme doubt in the relationship. I told him why I did it. I admitted to it. But, he still brings it up. This happened about a week ago, almost two.

• You gotta rebuild trust with him. Some things aren't just fixed with saying sorry. Good on you for owning up to it. You're still going to be in the doghouse for a bit. If months go by and he still brings it up, then it's on you to say he can't keep throwing that in your face. He either forgives you or he doesn't.

However, it's only been a week or so and that was a serious breach of trust. Own it and accept the situation for the time being.

• Not likely. When I was yunger I was open minded far more then now when I know and understand how certain things work. And I believed that everything can be fixed, but thats not true. Once trust is broken it takes triple the amount of time to fix it, and even then there will that gao, black hole or whatever where I can't relax, and whatever other side says I will always question everything other side is doing or saying. And since I am unable to live in between, because I am stretched between extreams. Its either I am in relationshio or not. There is no between or middle ground for me, if I can't have all then I will not have anything. So in relationship, if I can't have a healthy relationship I refuse to have a half functional one that demands overtime work to function. I ask for honesty before actions. Truth can hurt me, but at least I will respect the oerson because of that and there is a higher chance that I would motivate myself to fix things. But lies... They are nice and many people enjoy them because they make us dreaming, but thats all... When reality kicks in lies are enraging people because dream is gone.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If they found nothing yes. If they found infidelity? No

0|0
    0|0
    • I snooped. I didn’t find anything. But, i feel it has caused a huge strain on my relationship.

• Show All
    • Maybe i should talk to him and ask how it truly made him feel?

• Go for it. Communication is key

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Everyone has doubts its normal. The thing is its usually a gut feeling, talk to your partner. I dated a girl, had trust issues found a few things i didn't like, brought it up and spoke about it all. She did the same and had been for a long time, hers was because she had been cheated on and it was an irrational feeling which broke us up in the end. Make sure there is a reason and not personal baggage causing the loss of confidence in your partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I don't think there is anything wrong with it if they do it every once and a while. If they did it all the time then i would question them why they do it. If they don't have trust then, we have a problem. There is no relationship without trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they're just curious? They want to know more about you. I let my last girlfriend go through my phone, and showed her my email. I didn't care. I had nothing to hide.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn’t bother me that much. I have seen grown adults get dramatic about it though. If it’s that private find a private place to communicate.

0|0
    0|0
  • broken trust is the hardest to repair... not impossible, but highly improbable

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean if I snooped on them and found something bad probably leave them or instantly

0|0
    0|0
  • By kicking the living crap out of whoever broke that trust. Lesson learnt, problem solve 🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • Snooped and found what? Whos trust?

0|0
    0|0
    • Can the person who was snooped on trust the snooping partner?

• Possibly, the snooper was the one who was being paranoid

• Yea, but it will take a long time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Matters little to me. I don't trust either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooooooooooipe

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends how big of a mistake. Mostly no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep your eye on your stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

Recommended myTakes