What is ghosting exactly?

Dating this guy for a few weeks.. went out about 10x

i texted him earlier tonight and haven’t heard from him yet...
Do you think he ghosted me or something happen w his phone?

I understand that i am in my head and it’s probably nothing

i am not a needy person - all about the space just don’t like getting ghosted or ignored -it hurts

1929

Most Helpful Guys

• Ghosting generally happens when a person goes out with someone for a date or two, and then they never talk to or reply back to that person. Sometimes it happens when a guy gets what he wanted from her. Sometimes it happens when a person finds out that the person is no where near who they originally thought the person was. The problems with the person could be so bad that explaining what the problem you have with them could be worse than just ghosting them.

In your case, it's is most likely nothing. Think about if you got a feeling from the guy that something is off, not like it was previously. If you were both clicking, just be patient.

• Ghosting is essentially worse than leaving on read. It's basically like, not responding to any series of messages for a period of time longer than, I would say, 2 days. Like, not even opening the chat. Just leaving the message box open. I honestly hate people like that, intentional or not, because we all put effort into talking and reaching out. And to not have that acknowledged with even just a "hey there!" Or a "hi, sup?" Is beyond infuriating and childish. So those are the people I ignore. I treat people the way I would like to be treated. But I if I can see I'm being treated in a way I don't like, I treat that person the way they treated me, so they know how it feels. In this case, I just cut them out. Just delete their chat and move on. They wanna ignore you, so give them what they want, let them learn from that. It's not like they're communicating altogether.

Most Helpful Girls

• Did you hear back from him yet?
    If you asked him a question and he still didn't reply, then yeah I'd say he ghosted you. Just move on, don't text him again.
    But if your text wasn't a question, just something that doesn't require an answer, then you're over-thinking. You basically saw each other almost every day since you started dating, it's normal to get some space of few days every now and then. Just chill,, live your life and wait for him to contact you again. I say 3 days is okay, but if he still hasn't contact you in 3 days, then move on.
    When me and my boyfriend started dating, he told me he'll call me later that day, but he didn't. He called me the next day. I also thought he ghosted me and I told him that, lol. We had a good laugh about it. :)

• Does the messaging app gives you a read receipt when someone has read your text?

I read that you've been dating him for at least 10 times. How well do you know how life? Does he work? What are his work hours? Does he get exhausted after work? Does he have to take care of a family member?

I would say that don't text more. I'm assuming that your previous texts already warranted a response (not just for his information kind of text, but a question or something which he should be resonating with)

Give him one day to see if he responds. I don't like waiting for somebody to reply while guessing what is going on, either, but just be patient. Give him a day, if he does not reply, give another day, if he still does not reply, then goodbye