Is it easier for a fellow parent or a childless person to date a single parent?

You can assume in the case of the fellow parent that their kids either live with them or that they don't.
  • The parent
    Vote A
  • The non-parent
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Kids can be great and amazing buut it's no secret that everything becomes harder with them around. I like the idea of having kids and marrying a guy who's had a few scamps already (that don't live with us) would be nice (provided they're 9 or older) but going from being a single, childless, independant person to an accountable, informed, future co-parent overnight, is a *bit* of a shock. I think two parents dating each other are more mentally prepared but everything is *easier* without kids.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it would be far easier for the parent because it would imply much less of a lifestyle change for them.

0|2
    0|0
    • Actually, as a parent, I think this would be more difficult and that the non-parent would have an easier time.

• Show All
    • Maybe I'm thinking too much from my own perspective, but as a child-less person I would be very unwilling to compensate my together-time with someone for some child of theirs. I can only assume that many fellow child-less people would share that sentiment.

• Well, before I had kids, I did have a girlfriend who was a single mother (her mother also lived with her as well as her son), and when we wanted to be alone, we could go to my place, which wouldn't have been possible if I had kids Living with me or there with me some of the time.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it would be easier for a parent and a non parent as there would be less schedule issues to worry about as well as one less set of kid (s) that you have to worry about introducing to a new adult. However a major benefit of two parents dating would be that each already understands difficulties and nuances of having the responsibility of another life.

0|1
    0|0
  • The parent. They already have experience with kids and are more in tune with the responsibilities so they know what to expect.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Children are baggage. There's all kinds of responsibilities end hang ups involved so I think the single person without kids would have it easier dating a parent than a single parent.

0|3
    0|0
  • Anytime there are ore commonalities between two people, there is generally a better ease of understanding one another. But often love is blind and where there’s a will there’s a way to make a relationship easy and successful.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it would be easier for a parent to date a fellow parent. Especially if the children are little like under 10, if the relationship is a serious one the children will grow to think of one another as a sibling and may even get along better.
    Dealing with teens will be harder especially if the kids know each other and dislike one another.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t date a guy with kids. Sorry but I dont wanna take care or a kid whos not mine AND have a crazy baby mama after me.
    If I myself had a kid than it would be different cuz we understand eachothers pov as a parent.

2|2
    0|0
  • Sorry but I don’t want baby mama drama and I don’t think I could handle raising kids that aren’t my own, especially if they are disrespectful. It wouldn’t feel right to me plus I can’t discipline them they need to be. Some people just have the heart for that, I don’t. My cousin did it, I can’t.

1|1
    0|0
    • So to answer, I think a person with a child, since they are in the same boat

• Fellow parent I think, it's easier to understand some incidents if you've been in the same situation yourself,

1|1
    0|0
  • I am too young to share responsibility of the kid and I wouldn't want drama with the ex or my boyfriend blowing me off to attend his kid's piano recital. So at this age, No I would not.
    If I am older with kids of my own, then sure I would.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m going to go with two single parents since hey both have that understanding. I’ve no experience of this myself though so not sure how authentically helpful my view is.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Good question. In my case, I am a widower with a 14-year-old daughter at home. I have had much better fortune with childless women that those with kids unless she, too, is widower or otherwise devoid of baby daddy drama.

0|1
    0|0
    • That doesn't surprise me one bit, being a parent myself. Kids are a lot of work, so childless people are usually more relaxed, as well as having more free time for dating activities, and that's before you get to baby mama/daddy drama.

• It depends on their style. My father dated both. The non parent didn't like kids, so he chose me over her while the single mom expected my father to discipline her kid & babysit him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Single parents need to focus on raising their children. When they're grown and gone THEN they MIGHT be in a position to start dating again.

0|1
    0|0
  • I find it quite equal but your adding another factor to the relationship of the kids don’t get on it won’t work.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always like to date divorced women with kids. They are easy to fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • The parent usually works best, the problem can be the kids themselves not liking one of them

0|1
    0|0
  • Ones with kids can both relate better and have equal baggage

0|1
    0|0
  • Kids always complicate things.

0|1
    0|0
  • depends on the individual

1|1
    0|0
  • Seaff

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on age of the kids

0|1
    0|0
  • Single moms make my pee pee soft

0|0
    0|0
  • Both.
    I'm a childless person and my girlfriend is a single parent. I'm doing great with her son.

0|1
    0|0
  • nobody thats why they are single

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes