Is it easier for a fellow parent or a childless person to date a single parent?

You can assume in the case of the fellow parent that their kids either live with them or that they don't.
  • The parent
  • The non-parent

1016

Most Helpful Girls

• Kids can be great and amazing buut it's no secret that everything becomes harder with them around. I like the idea of having kids and marrying a guy who's had a few scamps already (that don't live with us) would be nice (provided they're 9 or older) but going from being a single, childless, independant person to an accountable, informed, future co-parent overnight, is a *bit* of a shock. I think two parents dating each other are more mentally prepared but everything is *easier* without kids.

• I think it would be far easier for the parent because it would imply much less of a lifestyle change for them.

• Actually, as a parent, I think this would be more difficult and that the non-parent would have an easier time.

• Maybe I'm thinking too much from my own perspective, but as a child-less person I would be very unwilling to compensate my together-time with someone for some child of theirs. I can only assume that many fellow child-less people would share that sentiment.

• Well, before I had kids, I did have a girlfriend who was a single mother (her mother also lived with her as well as her son), and when we wanted to be alone, we could go to my place, which wouldn't have been possible if I had kids Living with me or there with me some of the time.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it would be easier for a parent and a non parent as there would be less schedule issues to worry about as well as one less set of kid (s) that you have to worry about introducing to a new adult. However a major benefit of two parents dating would be that each already understands difficulties and nuances of having the responsibility of another life.

• The parent. They already have experience with kids and are more in tune with the responsibilities so they know what to expect.