Are romantic relationships overrated?

• Yes
  • No

2950

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, but not because they aren't wonderful. I just feel that we have put romantic relationships up on a pedestal and have lost focus of other types of relationships that also bring value and enjoyment to our lives. Familial and platonic relationships are just as important, and people need to realize that there isn't only one type of love. The fact of the matter is not everyone is going to end up with a romantic partner and we need to be encouraging people to find the value and joy in other types of relationships and human connections as well.

• So I’ve been taken advantage of, been neglected, and decided to choose abstinence. I’ve always been the one who says “I don’t want kids and I don’t need a relationship to make me happy” and I meant it. I am being artsy, I am being creative, I am working out almost everyday at the gym, I’m running daily and playing volleyball or soccer, I’m going out with friends on the weekend, I am on top of my classes for sustainability and communications, I am living a life that I love and enjoy, I am exploring more and understanding more than I ever have, I am my own knight in shining armor, I am the queen of my land... and I am incredibly happy and thankful...

But something hormonal has changed inside of me... I’ve been very sappy... watching Disney Princess movies about love and courage or the notebook and seeing how passion just drives these people and adds more to their life... and I am genuinely craving a good to honest romantic experience.

Most Helpful Guys

• In my opinion romantic relationships are not overrated.
    They can be incredible, they just don't always last. People should be more realistic and just enjoy the time they have with people.
    I feel like you can love somebody with all your heart, but it doesn't mean that you have to plan to spend the rest of your lives together and that you have to get legally married.
    People are not perfect.
    You can just have wonderful romantic relationships for however long they last and move on.

• They would be overrated if it was a short fad or something being way overly praised for what it actually is but the way I see, love is a must in everyone's life and a lot of people lack this so much, especially with finding an individual that wants to be their lifetime significant other! Many people will have that craving for wanting to give their affection, devotion and love to someone who they can be with that's not a family member or a best friend.

I honestly believe they aren't overrated and if anything, they are underrated with society mostly telling you that money, having a big family and a carefree life is best when in reality, it's not for everyone. I would encourage this to everyone looking for love because it's well worth it when you find the right person to be in a relationship with <3