How long should you wait to tell a guy you love him?

• Don’t
    Vote A
  • Whenever it feels right
    Vote B
  • Let him say it first
    Vote C
  • Right away
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• when you feel ready. This is more of the "female" area anyway. Men on other hand can destroy their image and scare the girl if they speak up too soon (I have before).

Just remember something. When a guy hears this sincerely from a girl it sticks with him. You sincerely mean it in the moment because your emotions say that. However there may come time when your emotions say the opposite, but he will still remember you saying this. Most guys don't hear this very often from women. It cuts deeper than you think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls just don't realize how much guys, especially young ones, are intimidated by them. If a girl that he loves, but is afraid to tell her, because she might scare her off, would tell him first, it would be such a glorious blessing, and take such a load off his shoulders, he'd treat her like the princess she is forever.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• With my boyfriend, I didn't really know when I loved him until a few days after he told me he loved me. I spent the next few days just feeling nervous and uneasy. You have to know you really do love that person before you say it. My boyfriend had tears in his eyes and was so nervous when he first said it to me (his body was shaking so hard that's how I knew he was honest) and I was extremely nervous when I said it to him for the first time. It can be a slightly nerve wracking thing and may not be what you expect.

0|1
    0|0
  • Long enough so you really get to know the guy and make sure he is not just using you or putting on his best behavior. After you say it , it will be harder to take back so bide your time. Some people jump into saying it too soon when it may be just infatuation.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Never say those words until you are older. It's overwhelming and a lot of pressure on the man if he's young.
    He's either gonna ask for space or use you for whatever purpose and never solidify the relationship.
    I would say about the age of 24 is where you can start using it.
    Just recommendations before you get crushed by some guy giving the wrong signals.

0|0
    0|1
  • This is GENERAL advice. I'm not saying that's the rule for everyone. As a matter of fact, if it's me, you can just go ahead and say it. Well, "I like you," anyway. "I love you" can come later.

0|1
    0|0
  • Preferably when she actually means it, if she's just saying it to say it then that kind of makes it pointless.

0|0
    0|0
  • So it all depends on you and how you are. Too me saying love to someone is not a big deal cause I love them in like a playful way and use it in a playful way

0|1
    0|0
  • You should only tell someone you love them when you know you really do love them

0|0
    0|0
  • Rather than say a loaded & vague statement such as "I love you", describe your feelings for him in detail, articulate yourself well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right away if he is single.
    Secondly, there is no such thing as perfect moment. You just say and make it perfect yourselves.

0|0
    0|1
  • Wait until you know you actually love someone to tell them, that goes for anyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think before you say you love him, you should make sure he love you too, at least have some sort of feeling twords you

0|0
    0|1
  • Just let me know when you're ready to tell me and the time is right to you is my message to women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• When he tells you

0|0
    0|3
  • Wait until it feels right for you to say it. Thats all, it doesn't matter if he says it before you or if you're the first. If you feel like it, say it. If you do not feel like it, then do not say it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I say when if feels right but honestly they aren’t completely dumb and likely know already just neither one is prepared to SAY it till it’s the right time.

0|0
    0|0
  • whenever you actually feel it and never expecting a response back.

0|2
    0|0
  • You ain't in love after 2 weeks, I'll tell you that.

0|2
    0|0
  • it’s different for everyone so whenever you feel you’re ready is probably the best time

0|0
    0|0
  • My answer is as soon as you feel it, which could be B or D

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever it feels right. I waited 6-7ish months ish

0|0
    0|0
  • when the moment feels right. but make sure you both are on the same page first before you do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever it feels right in my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes