How long should you wait to tell a guy you love him?

• Don’t
  • Whenever it feels right
  • Let him say it first
    Vote C
  • Right away
    Vote D

1624

Most Helpful Guys

• when you feel ready. This is more of the "female" area anyway. Men on other hand can destroy their image and scare the girl if they speak up too soon (I have before).

Just remember something. When a guy hears this sincerely from a girl it sticks with him. You sincerely mean it in the moment because your emotions say that. However there may come time when your emotions say the opposite, but he will still remember you saying this. Most guys don't hear this very often from women. It cuts deeper than you think.

• Girls just don't realize how much guys, especially young ones, are intimidated by them. If a girl that he loves, but is afraid to tell her, because she might scare her off, would tell him first, it would be such a glorious blessing, and take such a load off his shoulders, he'd treat her like the princess she is forever.

Most Helpful Girls

• With my boyfriend, I didn't really know when I loved him until a few days after he told me he loved me. I spent the next few days just feeling nervous and uneasy. You have to know you really do love that person before you say it. My boyfriend had tears in his eyes and was so nervous when he first said it to me (his body was shaking so hard that's how I knew he was honest) and I was extremely nervous when I said it to him for the first time. It can be a slightly nerve wracking thing and may not be what you expect.

• Long enough so you really get to know the guy and make sure he is not just using you or putting on his best behavior. After you say it , it will be harder to take back so bide your time. Some people jump into saying it too soon when it may be just infatuation.