Does Chivalry still work?

Does it still work , like giving Flowers , opening doors , simply old school stuff?
Does Chivalry still work?

0|3

Most Helpful Girls

• I wouldn’t date someone who thinks chivalry doesn’t work anymore. And wouldn’t date someone who does chivalrous things for the sake of getting the girl, and doesn’t mean any of it anyway. I just want someone who is naturally chivalrous. One who does something chivalry because he believes it’s the right thing to do.

Good looks is nothing without good morals.

1|5
    0|2
    • I like to do it to girls , even if they are not my girlfriend.

• Exactly. A real gentleman doesn’t only do it for his girl, but does it to any girl. It’s not flirting, it’s showing respect.

• I love it when guys are use chivalry, the small things really make the most impact in my opinion. Its like they are thinking of you, and trying to show their affection, even though it's not something super "impressive". I'm in love with my best friend (not that he knows) and he is always polite, opening doors and such. One time we were watching a movie and I mentioned it was cold inside, so he got up, ran all the way downstairs to retrieve a blanket and brought it back up and covered me. I love the sweet things he does <3

1|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• When societies break down and the men are killed it is the women and children who are most vulnerable.
    That is why it is important for men to act righteously and protect their the women, their mothers, sisters, daughters etc. in their society.

This idea of ridding the world of masculinity is detrimental to social well being. Boys need to be taught how to be men and how to treat women in a dignified way. I swear kids these days are a bunch of wimps.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes it does. I can't speak for the ladies but as a man I feel better when I am doing these little things. I feel like they come naturally and I was raised correctly. Just like guys do these things I feel women are also responsible for acting like ladies and reciprocating.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 46

• Yes, it does. Men don’t know that though because they don’t practice it anymore.

2|4
    0|4
  • Aaawwwwww of course it works 😊😊😊 it's so cute

1|6
    0|4
  • I believe it does, it will work for the girls who are truly worth it and you're bound to attract almost any girl that way because most men in this world now days are assholes. So you'd be a one of a kind.

0|4
    0|1
  • Most definitely. As a woman, there is nothing more attractive than chivalry. It makes me feel valued and special. Girls who say no, are lying or have convinced themselves otherwise because of feminist ideals. But if they are true to themselves, they will admit they love it!

1|6
    0|1
  • I love when guys open doors for me or even bring me flowers. It happens so rarely anymore. In fact I've actually taken to buying myself flowers 😅. It's incredibly sweet if someone does something like that.

0|2
    0|0
  • I love when a man shows he cares about me enough to open doors or walk closer to the road so I feel safer. There's a lot of things men still do that show a woman he knows her, respects her, and cares about her.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes, a lot of women love it and thats totally fine
    personally i hate it, its just something i really dislike since it makes me feel really uncomfortable and unnatural
    but people dont get that things like feminism are not against traditional things like that, they are about having a choice

0|0
    0|0
  • It does. However, a part of being chivalrous is not flaunting it around like some men do. If you're a chivalrous guy, you'll show me and not have to tell me every time you talk to me.

1|2
    0|0
  • I'm an old soul so I'm such a sucker for chivalry 😍🙈🙊

1|1
    0|1
  • 10/10 still works in a girl and like guys but the way I was raised I hold doors for everyone and I wait for people to get into their houses before I drive off or I wait in the parking lot and let them leave first just so I know that everything’s fine in their car and everything. Sometimes I think it’s just me these days who actually knows common courtesy

1|1
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 80

• Sure, with some women, it does.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like chivalry but feminists make it a bit of a minefield. I have been yelled at a couple of times for holding a door for a girl, even though I would have held it for anyone since it's just basic politeness. I don't think girls really appreciate just how many gambles a guy has to make when trying to date, any number if things can backfire and you have no way of knowing until it's too late.

0|4
    0|0
  • What you're really trying to ask is, "is there a reliable formula for dating and romance?". And the short answer is no. People don't want cookie cutter relationships. Respect the person you are dating as an individual and not merely a member of the opposite sex. That means you do nice/thoughtful things that are specific to her and not just nice in general to anyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Simple

0|2
    0|0
  • Work? To have respect for other people and to your self is not a work or behaviour, it's a live style. To be a true gentleman is not a game or a trend or buying some expensive clothes,, it is morals, respect, helping other, nobel, honorable, polite, hand, high standards propriety and correct behaviour, faithful, loyal and many other things. It is no an act, it is a live style.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it depends on where you live. I'm currently in Texas where what some people call chivalry is just considered common courtesy around here. Other places though it makes you look like a creeper.

We can always tell who hasn't lived in this area long because if you open the door for them they treat you like you're a predator or making some statement when really it's just polite.

0|1
    0|0
  • Conceptually yes... in practice no! While women may say they want a guy to do all that, they work harder to try and be with bad boys. It’s supply and demand. A guy who offers less supply is in more demand, and a guy who puts it all out there has less demand. It’s sad but all too true...

0|2
    0|0
  • I refuse to be chivalrous, aka reduced to a gender role. I don't act entitled to sex from women and they shouldn't act entitled to money/gifts/free things/doors being opened just because they are a woman

0|2
    0|0
  • If it comes from the guy they like then it works. If it comes from a guy they don't like it doesn't work. Key here is the guy. I've done certain things like this for girls and they never appreciated then but my current girlfriend is very happy with my sappy romantic ways.

0|2
    0|0
  • Men are chivalrous, and women respond to that. Of course, they respond to a Real Man™ anyway, so it's really about how to act as a man and not about women at all.

0|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes