Would you be jealous of someone who at a young age had a house, nice job, married and seemed happy?

• yes
    Vote A
  • no
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Seeming happy and being happy are not the same thing. I've known a lot of families that looked perfect on the outside, attractive, accomplished, highly paid, but they were not happy at all. I knew one guy with a beautiful wife and two lovely daughters who committed suicide after the 2001 market crash. I've known many couples who were married with children but didn't really communicate and at least one of them was lonely in the marriage. You never can tell. If you have a happy relationship and financial stability you have no reason to be jealous of anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, and I've actually known people like that. It's amazing how some people's lives just seem to come together so perfectly. But then we often don't see the anxieties and problems they have behind closed doors. But I'm often happy to see people have success in their lives. Try not to compare yourself with other people too much.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• There's nothing I couldn't achieve out of those, so I don't think I would be jealous of someone who had that.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i get a little jealous sometimes. in high school i worked my ass off, went to a good college and now i'm working my ass off. meanwhile most of my classmates who scored much lower than me are out travelling, meeting celebrities, modelling internationally, etc. how is this even fair! it's not that i'm not happy for them, but when am i going to get my big break seriously. the only time i see myself traveling is after i'm 60 and retired

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• If im happy myself, i can't be jealous of other people.
    All of these things you mentioned, the ultimate goal is to be happy.
    If me, and a person who has all these things, are both happy, we are on the same level.
    I know most people will disagree in this dishonest materalistic world

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'd be envious. When somebody has something you wish you had, you become envious. When you have something and somebody else takes it away from you, or at least tries to, that's when you get jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • no not at all... personally i would most likely be a little envious of them but never jealous...
    I would however show my respect that they got their life together where many of us couldn't so fair play to them

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no reason to be jealous, I made my life happy and wealthy by now. I have a wonderful girlfriend and everything is OK for me. If this guy made it by beeing 15 years younger as me, I am not jealous : I applaud him and say "well done sir"

0|0
    0|0
  • If they worked hard for it like everyone else then no I would congratulate them and sta d by them but if mommy and daddy handed them everything in life and they dont know the meaning of life then I would pity them because they dont know true accomplishments and achievements

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. The married part kills it. I know that he might think he has everything now, but in a few years SHE'LL have everything and he'll be crashing on people's couches. I don't envy any married chump.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no, I ain't got time to be jealous.
    Good for them, I wish them the best.

I gotta work with the cards I've been dealt. This life is a test, and I'm trying to do my best.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm just short of the house and married part. if i wanted to i could buy a house but its not a priority. married is something i don't wanna rush into

0|0
    0|0
  • "seemed" is the operative word.

I'm not jealous of filthy rich people either. Equally fucking terrible lives and problems a poor person couldn't comprehend.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not really, life is always ironic no matter where you are what you have or do and it is never perfect for anybody just maybe for very short amount of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what they have as long as they don't try to correct me for wanting to achieve the same things they have or had. That's what pisses me off.

0|0
    0|0
  • whats the point of being jealous. why not try to be friends with them and learn from them and have their success rub off on you and you become successful as well

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be a little jealous just because that is my dream life but actually be happy not depressed and fakely hapoy

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. 1) What is "a young age," and 2) house and married, to me, aren't automatically what we should strive for in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah definitely

But I know he/she had worked hard on it and they deserve it

0|0
    0|0
  • I might be jealous unless they had kids then I would thank god I am not them

0|0
    0|0
  • no because i am that guy.. I am married, i have a kick ass job, and i am very happy with my life.

0|0
    0|1
  • No, there's a lot of people like this. I focus on my own life and move at my pace.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no I wouldn't be jealous. Anybody can have those things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah I don't care about what anyone else has got. It's simply not my concern.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• No, each of us makes decisions about where our life is going. My choices aren't the same as others. They have what they felt was a goal and I have my own. I am happy for them to be able to achieve what they wanted at a young age. Its admirable.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother taught me to never look at what people have you don't know what they did to get or reach that far so I'd say no I would work with what I have

0|0
    0|0
  • i was never jaelous person ever (except when in love about bf) but recently i have become more jaelous of people that have what i dont cause things in my life didn't turned out the way i wanted even tho i worked really hard and gave my all ;(

0|0
    0|0
  • When I achieved those (except for the marriage) in my 20s, that propped me up on a pedestal among people in my social circle. 20 years later, I'm even more successful now.

0|1
    0|0
  • A bit. Especially if they have no complications in their lives about their marriage and such..
    But I'll be also happy for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't consider settling down and having a family at a young age success. So no, I most likely wouldn't be jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • It simply isn’t the kind of life I want and I think it would feel boring to have all that. Why is it so important to have a house, a nice job and to get married?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, there's no use being jealous. If you want those things too, you'll get them in time, everyone lives on their own timeline. Jealousy just ruins you.

0|0
    0|0
  • **Seemed Happy you don’t know if that person is really happy... focus on yourself not others

1|0
    0|0
  • I had 3 of those at a young age so no it would bother me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would pity myself more

1|0
    0|0
  • No why would I be? Everyone's life is different.

0|0
    0|0
  • A little yes, but I know they probably had a lot of help from family.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be. Until I've managed to make people jealous about my life.
    We only see the sugar coating of others people life and forget we in this s**t together. Beyonce is not even happy in her own couple...

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not gonna lie, I’d be slightly jelly

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes