Would you be jealous of someone who at a young age had a house, nice job, married and seemed happy?

• yes
  • no

1732

Most Helpful Guys

• Seeming happy and being happy are not the same thing. I've known a lot of families that looked perfect on the outside, attractive, accomplished, highly paid, but they were not happy at all. I knew one guy with a beautiful wife and two lovely daughters who committed suicide after the 2001 market crash. I've known many couples who were married with children but didn't really communicate and at least one of them was lonely in the marriage. You never can tell. If you have a happy relationship and financial stability you have no reason to be jealous of anyone.

• Nope, and I've actually known people like that. It's amazing how some people's lives just seem to come together so perfectly. But then we often don't see the anxieties and problems they have behind closed doors. But I'm often happy to see people have success in their lives. Try not to compare yourself with other people too much.

Most Helpful Girls

• There's nothing I couldn't achieve out of those, so I don't think I would be jealous of someone who had that.

• yes i get a little jealous sometimes. in high school i worked my ass off, went to a good college and now i'm working my ass off. meanwhile most of my classmates who scored much lower than me are out travelling, meeting celebrities, modelling internationally, etc. how is this even fair! it's not that i'm not happy for them, but when am i going to get my big break seriously. the only time i see myself traveling is after i'm 60 and retired