Do you think women will ever make the first move in your lifetime?

Do you think women will ever make the first move in your lifetime?

Just don't vote.. let us know how you feel below!
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I have made the first move on multiple occasions, so yes! I think that EVERYONE should just be mindful to not be the only one pursuing the relationship e. g. ask for their number, but let them ask you out etc. you should never have to push someone into a relationship.

1|2
    0|0
  • Some of y’all dudes must live under a rock. There are plenty of ladies who make the first move. I happen to be one of them. In my opinion women are getting more bold by the minute.

2|2
    0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• No. There are centuries going back to when humans were living as nomadic tribes where women learned mating behavior where they prefer strong protective alpha males that take control. It is a women’s subconscious behavior to desire a male that pursues them, not the other way around. As evidence, just look at the popularity of romance novels with women that use this underlying theme.

0|4
    1|0
  • I’ve had plenty of women make the first move so I’m kinda unsure of what the questions asking. In fact every girl I’ve dated for more than a couple weeks made the first move. Now I will say not all girls have the same idea of what the “first move” is. Guys usually mean a concrete blatant move like getting her number or asking her out. Girls sometimes mean things like this but often refer to just speaking or saying something suggestive as “making a move”. I think guys don’t see these as moves because we know how little progress something like that will lead to for a guy versus those “true big first moves” that are more likely to guarantee leading towards time alone together. So girls have been making the first move for generations it just depends on what you call a move.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 41

• Would rather have a guy approach me. I'll amiably approach a guy on the basis of friendship, but I won't ask him out or be forward with him. 'Tis my principle :3 (plus I'm shy as heck so :P)

0|1
    1|2
  • The heck do you mean in your life time? You're acting like women don't hit on men... they do, there are women out there who do all the time.

1|4
    0|0
  • I know lots of girls who seem to think "making the first move" means showing basic acknowledgment of his existence and not treating him like a fly.

1|2
    2|0
  • I used to and still do when it comes to my husband.

0|3
    0|0
  • I make the first move so many times that its annoying😑😂

0|3
    0|0
  • Why should I? If he loves me then he will take the steps. If there is a need for me to make the first move then he is not that into me, right? Then he can get lost.

0|1
    3|7
    • And what if he thinks in the same way?

• Show All
    • @marish01 funny how you say you aren't 16 but act like it, grown up people dont play games. won't call or text him first, lol. At your age you should know, that your mind set won't atract quality men. Well at least in most of Europe.

• @Janncis I'm not playiong games. I simp[ly want to date and marry the same man. I am very picky and careful when it comes to relationships.

• More and more women do, whether you personally have experienced it or not. Social norms don't change over night, but they do change.

0|1
    0|0
  • I make the first move, usually. Sometimes cute dudes are shy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I make moves after he's gone through the chase phase.

0|1
    0|1
  • Umm I did made the "first move" a few times and I'm pretty sure that there are plenty women like me who do.

0|0
    0|0
  • lots of women approach a man she likes. guys, in this day in age-there IS a chance, no one likes you : p

0|0
    1|3
    • Like to see your life will be in 10 years.

• Show All
    • It’s going to happen even more often thanks to all this metoo crap. Also women are going to have to make the first move more often.

• @sonnysunshine It's been lovely, have a great day

• I asked out my fiance to our first date

This year I proposed to him

0|2
    0|0
  • Once there is more women than men in the world then likely we will be the ones chasing after you.

0|1
    1|0
    • The trend is the other way, thanks to stupid cultural traditions in some places.

• Show All
    • Women are already chasing men
      Welcome to the 21 century

• @AlbanianYoungLady. Thank you for the heartfelt welcome. Although I never said women weren't chasing men. Just not to the degree men are. But you also make it apparent women are acting more bitchy too.

• Ill make the first move when i know for sure he's into me too.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'll make the second move but I suxk at starting conversations.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hello, time to crawl out from under that rock. Women are doing that sll the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have done it before. I might do it again. Why waste time when u know the person is right for u

0|1
    0|0
  • I've made the first move many times and I was the one who proposed to my now ex-husband. It shouldn't be an issue who makes the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have made 1st moves I also been rejected a fair bit. Rejection doesn’t even hurt anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of women have made the first move before I did too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 95

• Honestly, no. I have no reason at all to think that a woman will ever do me the courtesy and I've been rejected so much that I see no reason to keep pushing the button anymore. So many people on here state that women do make the first move but that is so few and far between that it might as well not be taken into account. And don't give me that horseshit about signals being a first move because they are so damn subtle they might as well not do them.

0|2
    4|0
    • Thank you ladies. I appreciate the down votes.

• I'm dead serious on this. I don't understand the downvotes because it's true. So many girls on here claim to make the first move and yet through my whole life, I never witnessed it happen. No guy I know ever had the first move made on them either. Most guys I've talked to online never had it happen to them either so it must be still rare.

• A few girls had confessed to me. Now they don’t even admit of making those moves, but deep down they know they were the ones making all those moves on me. Lol
    But to answer your question only a few does that, not all of them

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends what you mean as in first move. I had a few girls approach me, ask for my # say we should hang out but never directly asked me out first. Being hit on does happen but rarely. Getting asked out probably will never happen. I think it definitely depends on how attractive you are. The hot looking model dude probably gets hit on often the basement dweller looking dude probably never.

0|1
    0|0
  • Arrogant bitches don't want to give up their power. More and more men are saying no to their bullshit. Eventually a critical mass will have been reached, and the tide will change. When these women get abusive husbands, that's when you know karma bit them in the ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • i already know plenty of girls and have first hand experience of girls making the first move. so yes in our lifetime it will happen because it already has

0|1
    0|0
  • As in the general rule? No.
    While about 16% of women have made the first move, a negligible percentage practice it as a rule. They never will because they'll never have to. Too many men are fools and whores where women are concerned.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm only a teenager. Teenage girls are VERY horny and are just dying to get with guys so in my experience, at least with the girls I've got with, they've been very aggressive, forward and demanding. I guess this is how young girls are because they are now ""sexually empowered". So they are in charge of their own sexuality. But anyways, yeah I'm sure it has happened to all of us younger guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • This question might as well be:
    Do you think men will ever use moisturizers in your lifetime?

0|1
    0|0
  • It happens all the time, but it is rare.

And girls get BIG points when they do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unlikely, maybe in 50 years but we are still in the period between it being the man who is expected to approach and it being the norm for both to approach.

0|1
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter to me. Fucking hell are you guys so pussy whipped you can't even approach a girl anymore? Geez I've heard people say men and women are switching roles, I didn't want to believe it but now it's starting to make sense. It's sad. I'm definitely not joining that club

0|0
    0|1
    • Wait until you'll hit up on a female by saying hello to her and she doesn't find you attractive in the first minute and screamingly accuses you of sexual harassment. As if that wasn't enough you'll receive a letter from a court to show up for this incident.
      Then you will understand.

But so far this has never been my case.

• Show All
    • @Unit1 and that my friend is why you are still single

• @Unit1 Man you gotta stick with the women in your country. I feel like they are definitely way better than American women. American women are crazy whores. European women are definitely better and hopefully not as crazy. At least from my experience

• Yes as we learn to know it's ok to just exspress emotion an learn not to feel guilty for doing so it's being afraid of let down or, being odd guys at times get afraid to ask a girl out he likes, for fear of rejection I say better to try an get rejected than to bever try cuz in time you find that great 1

0|0
    0|0
  • When they are young? No, not/less likely,. when they are older? maybe depends on their confidence level and what they deem a man needs to do, their preconceptions and their beliefs in the way things 'should' work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dunno but a girl smiled at me once. Dunno if she was jus being friendly or what...
    Also got asked for a shag by a random girl in an alley on the way home for school when I was 13.. maybe that was a move

0|0
    0|0
  • It happend many times in my life , that a girl started talking to me , flirting , texting etc so it is possible why not if she feels really attracted to you she will do it sooner or later :)

0|0
    0|0
  • One time, one of them actually did make the first move to me before.
    We went out to lunch one day, but I told her that I wasn't romantically interested in her.
    Afterwards I felt kind of mixed emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really have no idea on this. But seems like I have been always the one making the first move on girls I'd like to talk to, asking them out and things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had a lot of girls over the years approach me first, flirt with me first, ask me for my number first, tell me they want to get to know me first, ask me out first, etc. It happens...

0|0
    0|0
  • Many, if not most of the women I've been intimate with have made the first move.

0|1
    0|0
  • I thought they almost never would do it.
    Until one woman just got with me very subtly. Then she became my girlfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes