Do you believe in Platonic love? Yes/No?

• Yes
  • No

1543

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 43

• Yes, it comes when the hangouts, the conversations, and the secrets we share is sacred and outweigh the sight of seeing others as potential stepping stones or trophy girlfriend material. If they smile, I can't help but smile too.

• You mean the "technical" definition, or the way Plato loved? It's incredibly ironic that "Platonic" has come to mean intimate and affectionate without being sexual, when Plato was very much a homosexual !! Is it possible? Sure, why not? What if a guy lost his pecker or can't get it up anymore?

• Putting aside the video, platonic love would be similar to caring about a best friend or even family members. Because there's platonic and then there's romantic or sensual love, which is how a person would normally feel toward a partner in a relationship.

• Yes. I have an online friend, one time she was drunk after a party and texted me that she "loved" me like she would love an older brother or long time childhood friend that grew up together and that she would do anything to make sure I was happy in life.

• Of course. It's demonstrable. Think of all the people you have loved in your lifetime. Was there not at least one to whom you were not sexually attracted? That's Platonic love...

• Do you believe in Platonic love? Yes/No?

はい。

• Nah.
    Its just the care or concern or attraction or responsiblity or many_other.
    I believe Love is only one that happens between opposite genders appropriately for good.

• Why not?
    Platonic love is a wonderful idea because today there physical love is overrated today as you can see them everywhere from movie to textbook.

• People (including Plato) talk about love when they have no idea what love really is.

• Yes, I have male friends and female friends, that I love in a non-sexual way.

• I believe, Im in there rn. its been 8 months since I opened up to her. I had a little hope maybe she comes to me, but she s dating someone rn, ruining my life

• I don't see what the point of that would be quite honestly.

• Yeah. Love before marriage (for me) would be purely platonic.

• Platonic love= friendship

Love includes deep feelings for another, if you have it with too many people the love isn't strong enough.

• In a way my issue is are the two people on same page or those one have deeper feelings

• I love one of my female friends, but not in a romantic or sexual way. I guess you can say, I love her like a sister.

• Sure I do. I also believe in thunder and lightning.

• Of course! I have platonic love with all of my family and friends.

• Yes, it is possible in certain circumstances, not everyone has sex on the brain !!!

• Yes I do.
    I have friends that I love but I know that nothing will happen beyond a friendship

• Definitely. You don’t need sexuality to have romance, which can be enough for some people.

• Definitely, but not as extreme as Plato proposed the idea.

• Yeah, I love my friends. Love isn't exclusive to sexual relationships.

• I love my family and best friend and I don't want to sleep with them.

• I think it exists but it gets confused with the friend zone, they do have a lot in common to be fair

• Not really, I just believe that you can have strong feelings for many people.

• Almost everyone around us whom we truly love, is a platonic kind of relationship.

• Nope

• uh, I think that's called "friendship".

• How exactly does that work if at all?

• Show more from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 14

• I think would work per say if man was single and woman single learn love grow or blossom yes. But if married man and single woman there issue... she otherwise called a mistress at that point... even if it is platonic love.

• Yes, but I am referring to love between relatives (non romantic love) and the bond close friends have to each other.
    I do not think that romantic love can really be platonic unless both partners are asexual.

• I believe in LOVE that is from the heart, mind and spirit. It doesn't seek to gain, it is just pure Fatherly/motherly love. God created us all for a good reason, somehow some of the peoples turned love as bad all on their own.

• No. Because even girls wants to have sex as much as guys but society call us "whores" for admiting that. Well. I have a kitty and she likes to have fun with her man. I can't resist more than a week without being physical with my boyfriend. The more I lasted was 3 weeks. But after that... bang bang.

• Yes I do. I feel love for some of my male and female friends. It's the type of love I feel for family , but not as strong.

• I love my grandma and it would be WEIRED if I loved my grandma in a romantic way... so yesss platonic love is a thing

• Yes I believe in it these kind of people have a lot in. Common which is essential for a relationship. I don’t enjoy friend zoning people.

• I believe girls and boys can love each other WITHOUT romance involved. That’s what we called friendship

• Of course, I have platonic love for my brothers and sisters.

• I think every love starts as platonic then if it goes well it turns into smtn real

• Yeah, I think it has potential to be very deep and unconditional

• I believe it exists

• Everyone shares some space for Platonic love.

• Well yeah do you love your family non romantically