Do you believe in Platonic love? Yes/No?

• Yes
  • No

1543

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 43

• Yes, it comes when the hangouts, the conversations, and the secrets we share is sacred and outweigh the sight of seeing others as potential stepping stones or trophy girlfriend material. If they smile, I can't help but smile too.

• You mean the "technical" definition, or the way Plato loved? It's incredibly ironic that "Platonic" has come to mean intimate and affectionate without being sexual, when Plato was very much a homosexual !! Is it possible? Sure, why not? What if a guy lost his pecker or can't get it up anymore?

• Putting aside the video, platonic love would be similar to caring about a best friend or even family members. Because there's platonic and then there's romantic or sensual love, which is how a person would normally feel toward a partner in a relationship.

• Yes. I have an online friend, one time she was drunk after a party and texted me that she "loved" me like she would love an older brother or long time childhood friend that grew up together and that she would do anything to make sure I was happy in life.

• Of course. It's demonstrable. Think of all the people you have loved in your lifetime. Was there not at least one to whom you were not sexually attracted? That's Platonic love...

• Do you believe in Platonic love? Yes/No?

はい。

• Nah.
    Its just the care or concern or attraction or responsiblity or many_other.
    I believe Love is only one that happens between opposite genders appropriately for good.

• Why not?
    Platonic love is a wonderful idea because today there physical love is overrated today as you can see them everywhere from movie to textbook.

• People (including Plato) talk about love when they have no idea what love really is.

• Yes, I have male friends and female friends, that I love in a non-sexual way.

• Show more from Guys
    33

What Girls Said 14

• I think would work per say if man was single and woman single learn love grow or blossom yes. But if married man and single woman there issue... she otherwise called a mistress at that point... even if it is platonic love.

• Yes, but I am referring to love between relatives (non romantic love) and the bond close friends have to each other.
    I do not think that romantic love can really be platonic unless both partners are asexual.

• I believe in LOVE that is from the heart, mind and spirit. It doesn't seek to gain, it is just pure Fatherly/motherly love. God created us all for a good reason, somehow some of the peoples turned love as bad all on their own.

• No. Because even girls wants to have sex as much as guys but society call us "whores" for admiting that. Well. I have a kitty and she likes to have fun with her man. I can't resist more than a week without being physical with my boyfriend. The more I lasted was 3 weeks. But after that... bang bang.

• Yes I do. I feel love for some of my male and female friends. It's the type of love I feel for family , but not as strong.

• I love my grandma and it would be WEIRED if I loved my grandma in a romantic way... so yesss platonic love is a thing

• Yes I believe in it these kind of people have a lot in. Common which is essential for a relationship. I don’t enjoy friend zoning people.

• Of course, I have platonic love for my brothers and sisters.

• I believe girls and boys can love each other WITHOUT romance involved. That’s what we called friendship

• I think every love starts as platonic then if it goes well it turns into smtn real

• Show more from Girls
    4