How do you handle rejection?

(Romantically)

2956

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 55

• I set her house on fire and then I move forward.

• So wise!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Two down votes. That two users with no sense of humor!

• Well everyone has their own thoughts. Their brain has learnt things in different manner.
      They have right to believe what they want.
      If its correct or wrong, its their fate!šŸ˜
      And burning houses is what you would least do!
      I have seen your comments, more often you say things which you could have done
      Or want to do but cant!

• Time girl. Give it time trust me.
    If you want to hasten the healing process, get busy, remove all memories, socialize more, share it with people who has gone through similar experience, start a hoby, eat good, exercise, start writing a story use your feeling and emotion you are experiencing, do things you like, meet new people.
    Never listen to sad or romantic songs, listen to mood uplifting songs.
    If this doesn't help, thing of the negative attributes of the guy who rejected you, try hating him.
    Never get discouraged, feel low, or think something you are not good enough.
    Rejection is a part of human life. Accept that you cannot change people or make them like you. Because sometimes, they want something different than what you are offering, you don't need to force yourself to change in order to gain attention. If there is something beautiful and good in you someday someone will discover it.
    Anyways always stay sharp, dress up polished. May be work out, be confident. Make a goal, try achieving it, will uplift your mood, and keep you distracted.
    Again time is the best healer.

• Don't have hope in the first place
    If you feel confident enough to propose, do it and expect a rejection

And accept the fact that everyone's different, so deal with it, don't take it personally, and cry it out if you have to

If they stay friends with you, then keep them around as long as you try to kill your feelings for them, if they treat you the same way and even try to comfort you, then they're good friends who deserve to stay in your life
    But if you can't let go of the feelings, tell them about it and cut them off for a couple of months until you're sure nothing can grow back

If the person who rejected you starts ignoring you after they rejected, then you should be happy cuz that person isn't a good friend, then how would it be if they were actually your partner? They'd dump you over the dumbest things and not care about your feelings
    If you're still attracted to them then you need to grow tf up and realize what's good and what's bad for you cuz chasing what's bad for you is childish

• Expecting the expected. I haven't had any luck in the past, so I inherently assume that the lack of luck will continue.
    Getting over the rejection, is just me telling my selves that it wouldn't have worked out anyway. I'm too good for them. Always have been, always will be.

• The way i handle my life
    How do you handle rejection?

• Meh. Used to it. Still sad but it's a kinda self pitying sadness. I even smile to myself becayse im so good at messing up its kinda funny at this point. I have a feeling it won't be as funny when i hit 30 and im still alone

• Yeah Iā€™m 18 to and right now I think I have a little faith I maybe could get a girl but as I get olde start to see that nothing is changing.

• Walk away looking for some one that will not only meet my needs better or handle themselves better or maybe I can get along with better it depends upon how I am rejected and it depends upon why I'm rejected but it just goes to show that there is always somebody out there better for you that will treat you better and that you will get along better with and I will see things more eye to eye with you

• Understand that just because you got rejected doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with you, it's not personal.
    It's not about your looks or anything about you and just because this guy didn't like you doesn't mean other's won't

• It depends, if they're upfront and tell me they aren't romantically interested in me, I'll just walk away and move on without having any hard feelings. If you make excuses, lie to me, or just ignore me, I'm coming for you!šŸ‘æ

• Very well. I don't want to be with someone that doesn't want me back.

• Show more from Guys
    45

What Girls Said 29

• It depends how they rejected me and whether I dated them or they rejected my desire to date them but we were not together. Usually it hurts - but I get over it quickly. Now if it was somebody I dated and thought I had a chance of marrying it would hurt longer.

• The similar thing I told one of my friend,
    Rejection reminds that, you too have a right to reject, else there were any who like to be with you but you won't prefer, so it is a common right to all and because of this only you are safe

• Strawberry cheesecake ice cream bucket and Disney movie?

• I just think that if they didn't bother at least giving me a chance trying it out before they quitted it wouldn't have worked out anyway, like who even wants to date someone that doesn't even try?

• You suck it up and move on. They canā€™t help not having feelings for you so the best thing you can do is try not to take it so personally and to let them be.

• I dunno but I'd prolly just play lots of video games, or go out with my mom... or go and work 24/7. Lol

• I never approach people I'm really into but I would just be like oh okay... um you can go now

• Never been rejected in my life, therefore I don't know

• I just move on and don't waste my energy about that shit

• Show more from Girls
    19