How do you handle rejection?

(Romantically)

2956

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 55

• I set her house on fire and then I move forward.

• So wise!😂😂😂

• Two down votes. That two users with no sense of humor!

• Well everyone has their own thoughts. Their brain has learnt things in different manner.
      They have right to believe what they want.
      If its correct or wrong, its their fate!😝
      And burning houses is what you would least do!
      I have seen your comments, more often you say things which you could have done
      Or want to do but cant!

• Time girl. Give it time trust me.
    If you want to hasten the healing process, get busy, remove all memories, socialize more, share it with people who has gone through similar experience, start a hoby, eat good, exercise, start writing a story use your feeling and emotion you are experiencing, do things you like, meet new people.
    Never listen to sad or romantic songs, listen to mood uplifting songs.
    If this doesn't help, thing of the negative attributes of the guy who rejected you, try hating him.
    Never get discouraged, feel low, or think something you are not good enough.
    Rejection is a part of human life. Accept that you cannot change people or make them like you. Because sometimes, they want something different than what you are offering, you don't need to force yourself to change in order to gain attention. If there is something beautiful and good in you someday someone will discover it.
    Anyways always stay sharp, dress up polished. May be work out, be confident. Make a goal, try achieving it, will uplift your mood, and keep you distracted.
    Again time is the best healer.

• Don't have hope in the first place
    If you feel confident enough to propose, do it and expect a rejection

And accept the fact that everyone's different, so deal with it, don't take it personally, and cry it out if you have to

If they stay friends with you, then keep them around as long as you try to kill your feelings for them, if they treat you the same way and even try to comfort you, then they're good friends who deserve to stay in your life
    But if you can't let go of the feelings, tell them about it and cut them off for a couple of months until you're sure nothing can grow back

If the person who rejected you starts ignoring you after they rejected, then you should be happy cuz that person isn't a good friend, then how would it be if they were actually your partner? They'd dump you over the dumbest things and not care about your feelings
    If you're still attracted to them then you need to grow tf up and realize what's good and what's bad for you cuz chasing what's bad for you is childish

• Expecting the expected. I haven't had any luck in the past, so I inherently assume that the lack of luck will continue.
    Getting over the rejection, is just me telling my selves that it wouldn't have worked out anyway. I'm too good for them. Always have been, always will be.

• The way i handle my life
    How do you handle rejection?

• Meh. Used to it. Still sad but it's a kinda self pitying sadness. I even smile to myself becayse im so good at messing up its kinda funny at this point. I have a feeling it won't be as funny when i hit 30 and im still alone

• Yeah I’m 18 to and right now I think I have a little faith I maybe could get a girl but as I get olde start to see that nothing is changing.

• Walk away looking for some one that will not only meet my needs better or handle themselves better or maybe I can get along with better it depends upon how I am rejected and it depends upon why I'm rejected but it just goes to show that there is always somebody out there better for you that will treat you better and that you will get along better with and I will see things more eye to eye with you

• Understand that just because you got rejected doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with you, it's not personal.
    It's not about your looks or anything about you and just because this guy didn't like you doesn't mean other's won't

• It depends, if they're upfront and tell me they aren't romantically interested in me, I'll just walk away and move on without having any hard feelings. If you make excuses, lie to me, or just ignore me, I'm coming for you!👿

• Very well. I don't want to be with someone that doesn't want me back.

• I shrug it off quickly.
    "Oh well, guess I'll just continue my day... I wonder what I'll have for lunch..."

• Pay her to ask me out, and then I reject her back.
    Seriously I just move on and forget it happened seconds later.

• Keep trying if she is worth! Show her your true self and how much idiotic she is if she misses me!😝😝

• Why do you want to know?
    Your a girl only guys get rejected pffft obviously.

• When I looked, I would just move on to the next woman. It's bordering two years since I bothered asking anymore.

• I forget about the encounter entirely within the hour.

• I play video games to get my anger out because im mad at myself

• By launching nuclear missiles at everyone, of course. I mean…what other people do? :-D

• Takes years. All the old memories keep coming back. All the lost potential. It just takes time.

• It’s like alcoholism with out drinking. Stuck thinking about how it could’ve been. Then you start thinking of your flawed because u were rejected.

• "Oh, that sucks... and over it now!" I've never been one to negatively handle romantic rejection

• Not well in the past. Now I know what to look out for so it doesn't happen... I think...

• rejection has become 2nd nature to me sadly. I just deal

• Sometimes I can't but I try to feel better by goung to the gym or something

• Just like rejection in applying for a job; learn from the experience and move on.

• Easy, walk away, chill with the lads and talk to other people lol

• Not gonna lie, it fucks me up something fierce. But what ya gonna do xD

• I quickly find a different hole to stick my dick in.

• @ktdec Yeah, most women are sluts, so it only stands to reason that the new hole I find will be embedded in a slut. What's your point?

• I didn’t have a point. I’m just saying you’re a hoe. That’s all lol

• I just live with it I guess, I approach women here and there so I'm pretty used to it.

• I do a lot of Meth a lot of wild kinky sex personally

• Show more from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 29

• It depends how they rejected me and whether I dated them or they rejected my desire to date them but we were not together. Usually it hurts - but I get over it quickly. Now if it was somebody I dated and thought I had a chance of marrying it would hurt longer.

• The similar thing I told one of my friend,
    Rejection reminds that, you too have a right to reject, else there were any who like to be with you but you won't prefer, so it is a common right to all and because of this only you are safe

• Strawberry cheesecake ice cream bucket and Disney movie?

• I just think that if they didn't bother at least giving me a chance trying it out before they quitted it wouldn't have worked out anyway, like who even wants to date someone that doesn't even try?

• You suck it up and move on. They can’t help not having feelings for you so the best thing you can do is try not to take it so personally and to let them be.

• I dunno but I'd prolly just play lots of video games, or go out with my mom... or go and work 24/7. Lol

• I never approach people I'm really into but I would just be like oh okay... um you can go now

• Never been rejected in my life, therefore I don't know

• I just move on and don't waste my energy about that shit

• I just work out for a week then go out and socialize.

• No, so I don’t put myself in situation that would cause me to get rejected.

• Smile, and plot all the ways I could ruin his life (jk)

• I put a smile on, but inside battle with the storm-_-.

• Just flip him off and move on
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Say okay and move on with my day

• Horrible. I take it too personal.

• I dont handle it😯

• You go onto your next prey

• I be thinking I’m too good for them lmao

• Häagen-Dasz

• I would drop all contact.

• I move on

• I just shrug, say "plot twist!" and move on.

• I’ll cry, then understand it’s oart of life, then move on
    It’s nothing personal

• Realise that she wasn't the one for you, it wasn't meant for you 2 to be together, according to the plan god has written for you. You have something better coming you're way she wasn't the one for you even if you thought so. Accept the reality and trust that you will get something better coming for way. <3 :)

• Drugs

• Move on to the next one to make myself feel better. :p

• Off yourself. This world is so wicked it's hard to deal