Men when dating what is the first priority to you? her beauty or brains?

Men what is of first priority when dating a woman? Her beauty or brains?Men when dating what is the first priority to you? her beauty or brains?
  • First looks, then brains
  • First brains, then looks
  • Hell I dont care as long as she's hot
    Vote C

025

Most Helpful Guys

• OK, this will sound confusing, but here are my priorities.

Step Zero: Dealbreakers.
    Don't have any contagious or dangerous illness that can potentially ruin my life or our relationship. For example, AIDS/HIV, infertility, sexually transmitting diseases, etc...
    I know. It's harsh, but at the end of the day, you gotta maximize your chances. And no, if she becomes infertile later on, that's not a dealbreaker, because I already invested in her my love and my time. We'd find a way.

Step One: Having a baseline physical attraction. I generally draw the line at 4/10, but it's malleable. The point is, if I can imagine myself getting intimate with her, she passed Step One.

Step Two: Having a sympathetic personality. If I can't communicate with her, because we have nothing in common, it's pretty pointless to keep trying.

Step Three: Having a baseline intelligence. If she isn't dumb as a rock, she passed this phase.
    Let's say she has to be a 3/10 intelligence-wise for me to be attracted to her, where 1/10 is "failed to elementary school", and 2/10 is "Never actually managed to finish 10th grade". That would be a good indicator of how stupid someone is.
    Step Four:
    -How much over the threshold is she in terms of looks? Meaning, on the scale of 4 to 10, where is she? Obviously the higher the better.
    AND
    -How intellectually engaging it is to talk to her, that is, how much is she above the 3/10 threshold. I don't care about intelligence directly. If I wanted a calculator, I would buy one. But it matters to me whether I can talk to her about my views, ideas, problems, etc.

I would personally average out the two scores to get the final rating.
    So for example, if she's really dumb, 3/10, but incredibly hot, 10/10, that's a 6.5. Obviously this doesn't account for the 1 point threshold difference, but it's close enough.

And finally:
    Step Five: Unusual circumstances. I don't know what this is, but generally it is something less relevant than the above.

So overall, looks is maybe slightly more important to me as a priority, but only as long as we are talking about basic sexual attraction. If she can get my peckers hard, I'm good.

• It depends. I was going to answer with brains. But then it depends on what we're talking about. I don't think either necessarily gets a priority over the other. I couldnt date someone who was stupid but I also couldn't date someone who wasn't remotely attractive. I could date someone who had an average level of intelligence or higher and I could date someone who was at an average level of attractiveness or higher.