Is it true that if you keep accusing your partner of cheating, they will eventually do it?

622

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes it's true. My ex wife was always accusing me of cheating with this woman who we knew from church.. after about 6 months... I did.. I had an affair with the church woman... and got her pregnant

• Did u cheat because she kept accusing you or were you going to anyways?

• Accused constantly

• Yes.. That could very well happen.
    As for me, I cought myself thinking "Why does it matter? She believes that I'm doing it anyway".
    The only thing that kept me from it was my own pride and the fact that I didn't want to hurt her, despite of how much her lack of trust is hurting me.
    However, realizing the negative effects our situation had on my mind, I broke up with her eventually.

• Why didn’t/couldn’t she trust you though?

• Her ex cheated on her and she took her trust issues out on me.
      I thought that I'd be able to deal with it or that I could change her mindset after being with her for long enough.. It never worked out though.
      I hate cheaters with a passion, so when I was constantly accused to be one of them myself.. It just hurt a lot.
      So as soon as I cought myself thinking "Why would it matter if I did", I knew that this couldn't go on because that's certainly not what I want to become.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but they will eventually get fed up of you and dump you. One of the reasons I broke up with my first boyfriend, it was because he used to accuse me over and over again.