How early into dating is it considered cheating?

Say you ask someone out, or they ask you out (genders of either party are completely irrelevant). Also, for simplicity's sake, assume you're both looking for a monogamous relationship.

You go on a first date, it goes well, you go on a 2nd date, it goes well, you can see where this is going.

My at what point would it be considered cheating if one of you hooked up with someone else (at a party or something)? The idea being prior to this point you're not committed to each other.
  • After asking them out or being asked out and saying yes
  • After the 1st date
  • After the 1st kiss
    Vote C
  • After sleeping together
    Vote D
  • After making your relationship "official"
    Vote E
  • Other (please explain)
    Vote F

58

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure. I think if you discuss being monogamous. I mean I dated plenty and never expected monogamy until we discussed it. However, I'm pretty forward and would come out and ask because if it wasn't monogamous I moved on pretty quick because that's what I was looking for.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't consider it cheating until there is agreement that you're in an exclusive relationship. That said, if she hooks up with another guy when we've both indicated to each that we are looking for an exclusive relationship with someone, I will assume she isn't interested in me anymore and will focus on other women instead.