Can you fall in love with someone you never met or barely know?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Perhaps you fell in love with the idea of falling in love which is notable and hopeful

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean is it love or lust ?

I believe love it something that is built and developed over time not within a sec

Yes love at frist site although very rare commonly mistakenly as a lust

That my opinion

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No. You can get infatuated but not fall in love. It's very common to mistake these 2.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not going to say no, but probably not. You can fall in love with the idea of someone.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• Yeah, but it's usually Pretty foolish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not met? I'd say yes.

Barely know? No.

People can talk online and Skype and get to know each other and show their hearts with each other and fall for each other without having been face to face but they would have to know each other well not barely know each other.

1|0
    0|0
    • What I meant was more like you meet online, talk for a while and meet once in person. Do you think someone can say they fell in love that quick after meeting the person?

• Show All
    • Trust me i talk to demi practically everyday for the past year now. If i didn't love her i wouldn't have been and i think about her everyday and how she’s doing her welfare ie health. If she’s ate if she’s warm enough during the cold nights recently, if she’s happy, how her day went. All the little things. Always praying for her (which by the way i dont even pray for myself) just lots of things because i know what i feel in my heart.

• Now i feel depressed and sad and hurt and absolutely miserable thibking about this question

• Im replying to this one post and this one post only because i hate this site. But im in this exact situation now. I been talking to demi for a year now online and met once and i can honestly with all my heart and soul that im IN LOVE with her. The deepest part of me feels this. How do i know because when she isn't online i miss her. When i see her i smile. I try doing the little things to make her happy. When i go to sleep at night i wish her good night. And my life would be miserable without her in it. I been busting my a** for several months now saving up money so i can go see her again when she comes back in my area. I haven't told her that yet because i wanted to surprise her with it. But to answer your question YES its very much whole heartedly possible. If it wasn't i wouldn't have bought her a diamond engagement ring which i never done for any woman before. Trust me anything is possible in this world. And YES i do love demi with all my heart and soul and i always will forever and always

0|0
    0|0
    • A while back i said once i dont know why i bother and it was out of frustration for 2 reasons first i saw her hold hands with another guy (nothing happened between the two which i didn't know at the time) and second after she od she wanted to stay in rehab for 30 days not more i got aggrevated and wantedher to stay longer so she doesn't relapse again because i didn't want to see her suffer or head on a downward spiral again. Those words were only out of frustration because i care about her and what happens to her. So again yes it is possible to love someone in that type of situation because i am and i always will. And i only want the best for her.

• It hurts though when i think about questions like these because im having to defend myself or prove i do which she questioned me about and i been having to tell her this same thing.

• Now i feel depressed and sad and hurt

• I think so there is someone I met her once in person years ago and it has been years since i saw her but it was definitely love because years later I contacted her because I couldn't stop thinking about her but I also think if you don't make a move right away years later they become a different person and it is not the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • A barely know person is more like atraction than love. Cause when you know someone, you like him/her with his/her best things and bad things (But remember, the best relationships are those that are a healthy one also there is respect for each other freedom.) Have a nice day!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Never met, yes.. barely know, no I met my expartner online and we never thought we would meets, so we were total honest about everything. We fell in love learning about each other. We where married many years.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can be very intrigued by them and have feelings for them, and be attracted to them, but I don't think "in love" is in the cards there. Seems pretty unlikely and only the kind of stuff that happens on TV.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s probably a sexually driven infatuation more than love, but you never know. Anything is possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tbh yes I did a lot of time cause I am sick tried being patient I want girlfriend so badly

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. You might feel a strong infatuation, but I don't think it's truly being in love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tough to do unless he is Very convincing
    Be careful may just want to enjoy your body then dump thAt will hurt 😔

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not saying that I am... But he's saying that he is. I find it hard to believe.

• You are hoping for what you want maybe confront.

• Yeah but its not the best idea, its a huge risk to take

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but bear in mind that you are loving your phantasy and not a real person. And that looks very attractive but of course is only imagination.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with that. You are in love with your idea of the person... But that said person says it's love. It really puzzles me.

• No that would be called puppy love it wouldn't be real

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's called platonic love, happens a lot to a lot of people but ususualy goes nowhere

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I think it's a set period of time, it's puppy love but it can turn into real love

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely you can

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you can get infatuated, but not love

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. That is impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Not really. Even if it stays for a while like a year or two it's only a crush. You won't know if you really love the person unless you interact with them for a good while.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It happened to me on FB when a Muslim man Found me there, And eventually I had Traveled to Egypt where we had Tied the Knot later on. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. Then we met and it was amazing. Then it had to end. Still hurts sometimes even tho im happy with my boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. It's already hard for me to fall in love with someone I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have before.

1|0
    0|0
  • Liking someone sure but love? Noope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes after teenage age anyone can.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yaaaaassss

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • I have but they if you count Britney Spears.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes