Would you date someone you don't find attractive?

Everything else is there, though- personality & character, similar values and interests, enjoy being around each other. I would.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Lol uhhhhh well it depends because regardless of if Ii didn't find the guy attractive or not, if his personality is great then i'd probably eventually start to think he looks attractive. Lol thats just how it is. Yea physical features are what catches my eye at first I guess. But the steps for me to really like someone is mentally attracted, emotionally attracted, then physically attracted. I don't know im just weird but hey loll

4|3
    2|1
    • Thanks for MHO

• Show All
    • @deliriousmistakess U clearly dont understand what I am saying lmbo. But whatever. because I just know that some people aren't going to be able to comprehend. Well, he looks a lot older than me, so thats out of the question. You could have at least picked someone around my age.. and I'm not trying to date a white guy. I like black guys.

• You are beautiful xx

• I am all about personality and whats inside the person's soul. Attractiveness is all good, but humans change as we age, so i wouldn't care about looks. My own opinion.

10|5
    4|3
    • Show All
    • I doubt that’s actually him in the picture, looks like it could be from Google

Most Helpful Guys

• I've got to know someone online recently and I don't know what she looks like yet. But so far after 6 months of talking to her, I love her personality and how she thinks. I love her and everything she does. So despite what she looks like I will love her. If she isn't attractive to me I'll date her anyways. But let's hope she's a beauty.

5|1
    0|0
    • 😍What a sweet story!! I hope she feels the same.

• Show All
    • That reminds me of this short film. It's about a guy in the '40s who corresponds with this woman who wrote in the margins of her copy of Anna Karenina, and he starts corresponding with her. At the end of the film, they are going to meet, and she tells him she will be holding a single rose at the meetup place. When he arrives, a heavy set, middle-aged woman is holding a rose. Disappointed, he still decides to speak to her, only to learn that a young woman inside the restaurant asked her to hold the rose for her. It was essentially a test to see if he would lose total interest if he didn't find her attractive.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278366/reference

• Wow that sounds really cool. I'm glad he passed the test. Thanks for the link and for sharing.

• I guarantee you if I valued her personality and character, id eventually find her attractive.

6|7
    1|3
    • Show All
    • What a coincidence. I had the exact same feelings about one of my exes.

When we were dating I felt myself only semi interested in her physically but completely in love with personality and character. But she initiated sex 90 percent of the time and found myself less and less interested. One day she confronted me about it and burst into tears telling me she didn’t feel attractive because of my indifference. I personally hated myself for not being more into her physically but i couldn’t will myself to change that.

She eventually broke up with me and although that’s not main reason it definitely is a major contributor.

But after she competely disappeared I found myself in love with the IMAGE of her. But I realize that’s not the real her. I reached out to her because seeing and hearing from her reminded me that image is FALSE.

Don’t chase after phantoms. It’s one of the quickest paths to insanity.

• True that

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 120

• That's a friend. If there's no attraction, it's a friendship, not a romantic relationship. I would not date someone like that.

33|11
    2|4
    • Ha of course

• Show All
    • Finding someone attractive means being attracted to them?

Can you tell me What is physical attraction actually?

females always know if they are attracted enough to a man to hook up with him the first time they meet/see, or you have to spend time with him, get to know him/his personality, honesty, kindness and after knowing him if you find him perfect human being then you will decide whether the person will fall into friend zone or you will be sexually attracted to him?

• Smart answer

• You know, I used to be completely against dating someone that I wasn't attracted to. I refused. But then I met my "ex". He was funny and smart and passionate and I fucking loved his presence so much that I fell madly in love with him and he became the most beautiful soul that I have ever laid my eyes on. He is handsome. So fucking handsome. His smile is breath taking and his eyes are hypnotizing. He is a bigger guy but within a week of knowing him, even his weight became something that I was wildly attracted to. He is balding and even that became something that I found appealing. He is eye candy. Then it turned in to much more than just that. His scent, the way he moved, his voice, his energy... I was fucking lost without him. We just recently broke up and I am still completely broken. I am insanely attracted to him, both mentally and physically and he is literally the only man who is in my head at all times. I can't even talk to another guy one on one because it grosses me out. And this is all due to a man that I wasn't attracted to in the beginning.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow, sounds like a textbook case

• Show All
    • I never believed in it before it happened to me. But... thats also what fucks you up most when they leave. They take all of it with them after you have spent so much time learning all this stuff about them that makes that attraction run so deep that other people can feel it. And then, you are left with nothing. And it makes you feel so empty.

• Interesting. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

• I tried, due to the fact that they had feelings for me, but I couldn’t see them as anything more than a great friend. There has to be some level of physical attraction for me to form a romantic connection with them.

0|1
    0|0
    • I suspect that this is harder for women to do.

Can you tell me what is physical attraction?

females always know if they are attracted enough to a man to hook up with him the first time they meet/see, or you have to spend time with him, get to know him/his personality, honesty, kindness and after knowing him if you find him perfect human being then you will decide whether the person will fall into friend zone or you will be sexually attracted to him?

• Personally, both things have to come into play. I have to be attracted to them on the inside and outside. For me, physical attraction is simply me liking how they look on the outside. I could never date someone I find very physically attractive if they have a bad personality. I could also never date someone with a good personality if I don’t find them at all physically attractive. I don’t participate in hook up culture, so I don’t know what to tell you there. Either way, its based on each persons perspective, not every woman thinks alike.

• I personally can’t and I wouldn’t think someone do date who doesn’t find me attractive either. I prefer if they thought I was the most beautiful person they’ve ever seen or close to it.
    I would never call them ugly or unattractive, I would just let them go in the gentlest way possible. I know how much words like that can hurt.

3|1
    0|1

Can you tell me

• @deliriousmistakess I can’t speak for other women, but for me personally I always know if the guy is someone I am sexually attracted to and would potentially hook up with, date, or just keep in friend zone based on looks and personality after meeting them for the first time. For instance if they are shorter than me, that’s a dealbreaker and I’d keep him in friendzone. Doesn’t matter how kind they are I just can’t bring myself to do it. I tried in the past and it felt extremely awkward. I won’t waste their time. Not everyone is like that though so take what I say with a grain of salt.

• I have dated two people I got along with great, but found actually repulsive in the hope they would grow on me cause their personality were so great. Surprise they didn’t and I found them even more repulsive with time. As other said, that’s friendship not dating. Attraction is super important, though of course it isn’t everything.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m dating a guy who’s personality was 10 at the beginning and now it’s 6. He’s not the most unattractive man but as his character has changed I don’t find him attractive anymore. Basically I think that people get bored of each other and there has to be something more then a nice personality or character. Both have to be on point.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, because for me the attractiveness is not only physical traits. If a person has the personality, character, similar values and interests and we enjoy being around each other I would certainly find him attractive. That'll make me see the physical traits also attractive. The character will probably include a good laugh and friendly smile, which may be enough to make the person seem hot to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think those traits would make them attractive to me. Even if I didn’t find them physically attractive initially

1|1
    2|0

Can you tell me What is physical attraction actually?

• There’s different types of attraction and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Just because you find someone physically attractive, doesn’t mean you find them sexually attractive. And even if you find someone physically attractive, once you get to know their personality you may decide you would not be interested in pursuing something with them.

Alternatively, you might meet someone that doesn’t appear to be physically attractive to you but once you get to know their personality, they become more and more physically and sexually attractive to you and you might decide you would like to pursue a relationship (romantic or sexual with them).

• In high school, the Duke kids were all ugly. The oldest girl, Arlene, 17 yo had a butt ugly face. She always wore clothes that weren't flattering. They had the money but she and her sibs all dressed dumb

That summer our community swimming pool was packed. I was there with a lot of my guy friends (me the tomboy) and they were all checking out this girl laying out on the deck.

Me being BI, I was checking her out too!

Gorgeous!

Like 5'10" tall
    Wearing a black modest 2 piece suit
    38DD
    22-24" waist
    36" hips
    Sexy long legs
    Curvy tummy and ass

Very large pubic bulge in her bottoms

Everyone was like who is she and where does she go to school?

She stands up and we all saw it was Arlene of the ugly face!

OMFG!!!

Anyway when school started she was back to her baggy outfits but nearly every guy in school was asking her out.

So, looks are not everything!

by the way when I left Georgia to move here, Arlene was 22yo and had 5 kids and was prego with twins.

She was on her 2nd husband too

0|0
    2|0
    • You literally clarified nothing. You just said your friend had an ugly face then said she had a hot body. How does that prove looks aren't everything? Also what kind of friend are you to say something like that? "Butt ugly face"?

• @TheGhoul #1 she wasn't my friend.
      #2 her face is what was unattractive.
      #3 she hid her body and as a result was unattractive looking.
      #4 after her coming out at the pool, her face was still unattractive, but guys dated her anyway to get the body hidden under the unattractive exterior.

That does answer the question.

• Would you date someone you don't find attractive?

Even you would like to date him after knowing his soul and heart (great personality)? Really?

• All these lying ass females tellin that they would not care
    COME ON

I won't date someone I am not attracted to
    if he not be getting my hormones going on, then I dont need to waste my time for nothing

#sorrynotsorry

1|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 112

• This is always a really good question that I still ask even myself. I probably would be inclined to say no, though there have been a few instances where I was attracted to women who weren't very goodlooking but the personality and intelligence factors were there that I liked.

0|2
    0|0
  • negative

1|3
    0|0
    • that said though all i really require for physical attractiveness is a cute face and is not obese.

• I'm assuming you mean physically attractive, right?

It depends on how unattractive you're talking about. I would date a girl who is mildly ugly, but I wouldn't date a girl who looks absolutely atrocious.

0|1
    0|0
  • Way back in time, a very heavy woman and I worked at the same hospital. We almost always ate our dinner together in the Hospital cafeteria. I slowly but surely feel in love with her. We were married for over 10 years and during the course of our marriage she lost almost 225 lbs. She knew I loved her for herself... not superficial looks or other BS

0|1
    0|0
  • If everything else is good, I would give it a try. Physical attraction can develop later. How many couples have said that they didn't like each other when they first met? Yet there came a point where they couldn't stand to be apart! I would definitely give her a chance.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did that because I thought I was not being 'open minded' enough. In my case I determined this was not a good idea. The physical attraction is important and the relationship didn't last very long. Chemistry and attraction is critical.

0|1
    0|0
  • Other than someone facing crippling loneliness or help to improve their living situation I can't see why one would do that. Like if a girl gets knocked up. Becomes a single mom and life is rough. I can see her settling for a guy she's not necessarily attracted to, but will be nice, stick around and take care of her. That's all good.

Other than situations such as that tho it just sounds depressing. When you experience real passion you never want less than that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was in a relationship with someone I wasn't physically attracted to. It started out OK, then rusted into something bad.

She's not a bad person. She's kind and sweet. She is affectionate.

But I didn't find her physically attractive. And I never could. Ultimately, I wound up feeling very bad because she was very much into me. She was very hurt when we broke up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Would you date someone you don't find attractive?
    Being the amazing guy that I am, I ain't about that superficial shit.
    She doesn't need to look like a movie star for us to make a physical, mental or emotional connection. I'd find her banging ass personality attractive. I'm not shallow like everyone else.

How do you think blind people fall in love? They can't even see.

0|1
    0|0
  • IF your asking a man, the answer is no.
    if your asking a women, the answer is both.

For a woman a ugly man with a well paying job and a good sense of humor can triumph his looks.

For a man, if your ugly, good luck.

1|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes