Would you date someone you don't find attractive?

Everything else is there, though- personality & character, similar values and interests, enjoy being around each other. I would.
  • Yes
  • No

122114

Most Helpful Girls

• Lol uhhhhh well it depends because regardless of if Ii didn't find the guy attractive or not, if his personality is great then i'd probably eventually start to think he looks attractive. Lol thats just how it is. Yea physical features are what catches my eye at first I guess. But the steps for me to really like someone is mentally attracted, emotionally attracted, then physically attracted. I don't know im just weird but hey loll

• Thanks for MHO

• @deliriousmistakess U clearly dont understand what I am saying lmbo. But whatever. because I just know that some people aren't going to be able to comprehend. Well, he looks a lot older than me, so thats out of the question. You could have at least picked someone around my age.. and I'm not trying to date a white guy. I like black guys.

• You are beautiful xx

• I am all about personality and whats inside the person's soul. Attractiveness is all good, but humans change as we age, so i wouldn't care about looks. My own opinion.

• I doubt that’s actually him in the picture, looks like it could be from Google

Most Helpful Guys

• I've got to know someone online recently and I don't know what she looks like yet. But so far after 6 months of talking to her, I love her personality and how she thinks. I love her and everything she does. So despite what she looks like I will love her. If she isn't attractive to me I'll date her anyways. But let's hope she's a beauty.

• 😍What a sweet story!! I hope she feels the same.

• That reminds me of this short film. It's about a guy in the '40s who corresponds with this woman who wrote in the margins of her copy of Anna Karenina, and he starts corresponding with her. At the end of the film, they are going to meet, and she tells him she will be holding a single rose at the meetup place. When he arrives, a heavy set, middle-aged woman is holding a rose. Disappointed, he still decides to speak to her, only to learn that a young woman inside the restaurant asked her to hold the rose for her. It was essentially a test to see if he would lose total interest if he didn't find her attractive.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278366/reference

• Wow that sounds really cool. I'm glad he passed the test. Thanks for the link and for sharing.

• I guarantee you if I valued her personality and character, id eventually find her attractive.

• What a coincidence. I had the exact same feelings about one of my exes.

When we were dating I felt myself only semi interested in her physically but completely in love with personality and character. But she initiated sex 90 percent of the time and found myself less and less interested. One day she confronted me about it and burst into tears telling me she didn’t feel attractive because of my indifference. I personally hated myself for not being more into her physically but i couldn’t will myself to change that.

She eventually broke up with me and although that’s not main reason it definitely is a major contributor.

But after she competely disappeared I found myself in love with the IMAGE of her. But I realize that’s not the real her. I reached out to her because seeing and hearing from her reminded me that image is FALSE.

Don’t chase after phantoms. It’s one of the quickest paths to insanity.

• True that