Do you think this is a rude response to a two monts of dating someone?

Do you think this is a rude response to a two monts of dating someone?

My boyfriends and I anniversary is today. I sent him a meaningful text and I got a what you doing. Do you think that’s rude?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah - I agree with another GaGer who said that more clarity is needed. It sounds to me like the thought he was being 'buttered up' and his response of 'what are you up to' meant 'why all the flattery'.
    If that is NOT the case, then I will insert option 2, which is that he hasn't been 'trained' properly. By this I mean, some ladies expect their man to respond a certain way to certain comments. Protocol if you will.
    I have experienced this first hand, and failed. I am one of those guys who is 'untrainable' and fails the 'shit test' every time.

0|2
    0|0
  • Who notes a 2 month anniversary? o_o;; Anniversaries are measured in years, to me. I mean, at minimum, 3 months, a nice even quarter year. Even then, I really think they are usually measured in years. It's almost like dating for a week, then saying, "We met 7 days ago, let's celebrate our love!" It's just too early.

You dropped the love bomb. Might have freaked him out. If you're going to drop the love bomb, you have to at least have an inkling of how they are feeling about you.

But yeah, his response definitely came off cold. It's also possible as someone else noted that he wanted to continue the conversation or otherwise set something up to reciprocate, but you shut it down, because you wanted immediate and instant affection, when if you would have waited a bit, maybe he would have reciprocated that affection. Patience is a virtue as they say.

That's possible, too. Or, he could have just been freaked out you said you loved him after 2 months.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not really...
    what did the rest say? What did he mean? Did you let him continue his response to find out? Or did you ASSUMED something else or didn’t like the response?

Cause yes, you are poring your heart out to him in a long paragraph. ‘I’m starting to fall in love with you 😘 you know how to sweep me off my feet. I can’t wait till we can go on more adventures together!’

‘What are you up to’ -so we can continue texting/calling?

‘What are you up to’-so we can go on an adventure right now?

No one knows, cause you ended it there. So, no. Kinda in the dark. But hey, you know the guy for 2 months. I guess you know his personality and intentions already. And us public strangers, should just think what you’re thinking.

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean, y’all only been together for 2 months and you out here with this big ass paragraph. You might’ve scared him, or weirded him out. You might be falling in love at a faster rate than he is and he didn’t want to hurt your feelings. So instead he gave you that response.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• You might have scared him. Your 😐 probably gave you room to better explain your feelings tomorrow. It will also give him a chance to explain his intentions. Don’t sweat over it. Girls send that mushy stuff all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah that if fucked up. He just ruined a lot of the relationship right there. Talk about soul draining.

0|0
    0|0
  • Context means a lot. Did he mean it as in "What is your angle?" or did he properly ask "What's up?". Don't make an assumption here. Get clarity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not rude, its extremely cold lol. I felt uncomfortable just reading that

0|0
    0|0
  • (No) It would depend on what has really transpired; the facts would yield insight into how rude that really is.
    We could, for instance, determine how tired the guy is. Perhaps he has finished a 12 hour shift and is knackered so he inadvertently sent that vanilla text.
    We could also question whether that was truly him who sent the text. Nowadays anyone's business is another's business. Does he have a little brother or other who could be trying to sabotage him?

All in all, you will need to confront him and gently ask him why he sent a lackluster response.

0|0
    0|0
  • After what you sent him. Yes his response was pretty sad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I might do that. I dont have a lot of time and energy for things other than work and investment.

0|0
    1|1
  • yikes, that curve tho :D

0|1
    0|0
  • LMFAO I’m exactly the same way.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think he probably didn't read it.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL not nice

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re too needy

0|0
    0|0
  • Two months? Aniversary? What are you, 16?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a disaster relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • i dk what you're supposed to say in a lot of situations, but, i do know the WRONG thing

0|0
    0|0
  • He's suspicious on why you sent that message.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you suspect she is covering for some mischievous behavior with a sweet message to cover it up or he is afraid of some emotional bonding with his sweet girlfriend, he did asked "what are you up to" hmm
      I am suspecting he was playing video games and didn't even read the message properly because he is immature, but who should be blamed in this particular case - immature boy men or really a sweet romantic girl that send a nice message (it was really a nice message man, I mean really, sweet too)

What Girls Said 12

• Men's and women's brains are wired differently.
    He could be the practical and direct type, and prefers a shorter message such as "Happy Anniversary and thank you for everything".
    Maybe he thought that you want him to do you a favour or something.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes that is a rude responsed
    Either. It is another person using his phone
    He is drunk
    He is halfawkae and half asleep
    He doesn't care
    He doesn't want to talk about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I guess he doesn't think the time frame is that big of a deal. After all its only 2 months, ... make it to a year and see. x

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao I’d be pissed. However celebrating monthly anniversaries is so stupid to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A little rude , but shouldn’t be a drawl braker

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it’s kind of rude

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it was fucking rude of him
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    1|0
  • OMG 😂
    Well id certainly wouldn't be happy

0|0
    0|0
  • that kinda is like my relationship :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Wthhh

0|0
    0|0
  • You should say oops that was for Another guy lol or "go fuck yourself cause you ain't getting and tonight goodnight motherfucker"
    I suggest the second option but he was rude

0|0
    1|1
    • *not and I meant any

• A 2 month "anniversary " is a little excessive.
    Anniversary means yearly.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes