Do you think this is a rude response to a two monts of dating someone?

My boyfriends and I anniversary is today. I sent him a meaningful text and I got a what you doing. Do you think that’s rude?
  • Yes
  • No

1418

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah - I agree with another GaGer who said that more clarity is needed. It sounds to me like the thought he was being 'buttered up' and his response of 'what are you up to' meant 'why all the flattery'.
    If that is NOT the case, then I will insert option 2, which is that he hasn't been 'trained' properly. By this I mean, some ladies expect their man to respond a certain way to certain comments. Protocol if you will.
    I have experienced this first hand, and failed. I am one of those guys who is 'untrainable' and fails the 'shit test' every time.

• Who notes a 2 month anniversary? o_o;; Anniversaries are measured in years, to me. I mean, at minimum, 3 months, a nice even quarter year. Even then, I really think they are usually measured in years. It's almost like dating for a week, then saying, "We met 7 days ago, let's celebrate our love!" It's just too early.

You dropped the love bomb. Might have freaked him out. If you're going to drop the love bomb, you have to at least have an inkling of how they are feeling about you.

But yeah, his response definitely came off cold. It's also possible as someone else noted that he wanted to continue the conversation or otherwise set something up to reciprocate, but you shut it down, because you wanted immediate and instant affection, when if you would have waited a bit, maybe he would have reciprocated that affection. Patience is a virtue as they say.

That's possible, too. Or, he could have just been freaked out you said you loved him after 2 months.

Most Helpful Girls

• Not really...
    what did the rest say? What did he mean? Did you let him continue his response to find out? Or did you ASSUMED something else or didn’t like the response?

Cause yes, you are poring your heart out to him in a long paragraph. ‘I’m starting to fall in love with you 😘 you know how to sweep me off my feet. I can’t wait till we can go on more adventures together!’

‘What are you up to’ -so we can continue texting/calling?

‘What are you up to’-so we can go on an adventure right now?

...

No one knows, cause you ended it there. So, no. Kinda in the dark. But hey, you know the guy for 2 months. I guess you know his personality and intentions already. And us public strangers, should just think what you’re thinking.

• I mean, y’all only been together for 2 months and you out here with this big ass paragraph. You might’ve scared him, or weirded him out. You might be falling in love at a faster rate than he is and he didn’t want to hurt your feelings. So instead he gave you that response.